Related stories and components
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Study analyses 21 Natl. Action Plans on business & human rights incl. on content, stakeholder engagement & accountability
Full dataset available here
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
Author: Arbeit und Leben DGB/VHS
Starting from the fiscal year 2017, certain large undertakings within the EU will have to publish non-financial statements. These non-financial statements include employment and social matters and are thus expected to have an impact on labour r...
EU Fundamental Rights Agency finds civil society in all member states is facing increasing challenges
Author: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU)
"Challenges facing civil society organisations working on human rights in the EU", 19 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: International Corporate Accountability Roundtable, European Coalition for Corporate Justice & Dejusticia
"Assessments of existing national action plans (NAPs) on business & human rights," August 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
ILO Convention 188 on vessel labour to enter into force in 2017; will provide "major boost to fight against forced labour"
"ILO convention on vessel labor enters into force", 25 Nov 2016...
Telia Company: Human rights impact assessments and responsible divestment plan for business region Eurasia
- Related companies: Telia
Author: Juliet Perry, CNN
…According to the U.S. State Department the report is “the world’s most comprehensive resource of governmental anti-human trafficking efforts.” It rates 190 nations—up from last year’s 188… on how effectively governments are tackling the human...
- Related stories: US Department of State Trafficking in Persons Report 2016