Related stories and components
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
New report calls on internet cos. to do more to fight terrorist incitement & disinformation in line with responsibility to uphold human rights
Author: NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights & World Economic Forum
"Harmful Content: The Role of Internet Platform Companies in Fighting Terrorist Incitement and Politically Motivated Disinformation", Nov 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet AT&T Bing (part of Microsoft) Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Jigsaw (part of Robinson Webster Holdings) Johnson & Johnson LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Microsoft PepsiCo Robinson Webster Signal International Skype (part of Microsoft) Telegram Messenger Twitter Walmart Whatsapp (part of Facebook) YouTube (part of Alphabet)
Author: Ana Maria Dima, Opendemocracy
"The other side of Europe: the exploitation of Romanian workers in the EU", 18 May 2017...
Author: CEE Bankwatch Network
The European Union has...approved an updated set of binding standards for power plants, which include new, stricter pollution limits. The standards, known as the LCP BREF...will help prevent thousands of premature deaths caused by air pollution from...
Author: Fair Wear Foundation, Amsterdam
"Fair Wear Foundation launches innovative guide book on living wages", 5 Dec 2016...
...In dem Beitrag wird eingeräumt, dass die Lieferanten sowohl in Rumänien als auch in Mazedonien mehr als den gesetzlichen Mindestlohn bezahlen. Gleichzeitig kommen Kritiker zu Worte, die dieZahlung eines existenzsichernden Lohns („living wage“)...
- Related stories: Osteuropa: Deichmann nimmt Stellung zu Vorwürfen ausbeuterischer Arbeit in Zulieferer-Fabriken
- This is a response from the following companies: Deichmann
Seven of 15 former Soviet countries have become “consolidated authoritarian regimes”, says new report; fall in oil prices linked to lack of transparency, accountability
Author: Nate Schenkkan, Freedom House
"Nations in tansit 2016: Europe and Eurasia brace for impact", 12 April 2016...
As a company, Vodafone believes that diversity and freedom of individuals to move between countries strengthens societies and economies. However, European nations’ individual responses to the current refugee challenge are a matter for sovereign...
- Related stories: Companies take stand to support more compassionate response to refugee crisis in Europe
- This is a response from the following companies: Vodafone
Author: Building and Wood Worker's International (BWI)
"Macedonia: SGIP continues to build shop stewards knowledge on safety and health at work", 18 November 2014...
The Center for Regional Policy Research and Cooperation “Studiorum” organizes a Conference “Business and Human Rights” on the 12th of May, 12.30-15.30h at the University American College – Skopje in Skopje. The conference is envisaged as a parallel...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs