Related stories and components
Author: Safety4Sea (Greece)
"Seatrade convicted of illegal scrapping" 16 Mar 2018...
Netherlands: Friends of the Earth to file lawsuit against Shell if co. fails to address its climate change impacts
Author: Sasja Beslik, Ethical Corporation (UK)
" Why Nordea’s responsible investment funds have dropped Facebook" 23 Mar 2018. ...
- Related stories: 50 million Facebook profiles of US voters harvested by data firm to aid Trump presidential campaign
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Facebook Instagram (part of Facebook) Twitter Whatsapp (part of Facebook)
Shipping co. convicted for sailing ships to scrap yards in So.Asia; where demolition endangers workers' lives & pollutes environment, according to Dutch court
"Dutch shippers sentenced for having ships demolished on Indian beach", 15 Mar 2018...
Roundtable addresses need for improved corporate governance by investors, CEOs & business networks to end slavery in supply chains; incl. contribution by BHRRC
Author: Joanna Radeke and Tammi L. Coles, Corporate Knights
Slavery remains a disturbing reality of the world's labour markets. In the private sector especially, some 16 million people are enslaved – forced to work in sectors as diverse as agriculture, construction and the cosmetics industry. And while cases...
Author: Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
"Government policy to stimulate international responsible business conduct", January 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Netherlands: Govt launches investigation into self-employment contracts used by co's like Uber & Deliveroo following strike action
Author: UNI Global Union
"Success for Deliveroo riders in the Netherlands as strike action forces investigation", 9 February 2018...
Author: Desiree Llanos-Dee, Inquirer (The Philippines)
Climate change affects everyone on the planet, yet those least responsible bear the brunt of the consequences... [But] people are finding various ways, including legal means, to demand that corporations be held to account for fueling the climate...
- Related stories: Latest news & media coverage
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism