Related stories and components
Honduras: School of the Americas Watch’s report documents critical information on the responsibility of Roberto Castillo in corruption and violence, including Berta Cáceres’ murder
Author: DPLF; GHRC; International Platform Against Impunity; Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Foundation
“Violence, Corruption & Impunity in the Honduran Energy Industry: A profile of Roberto David Castillo Mejía”, August 2019...
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
Author: Reuters/Folha de S. Paulo (Brazil)
“Norueguesa ameaça suspender aquisição de soja brasileira”, 28 de agosto de 2019...
Author: Mariana Simões, Agência Pública/Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
“Após acordo com Mercosul, empresário sueco promete cruzada contra produtos brasileiros-Em entrevista, empresário revela que está articulando ampliação de boicote entre outros supermercados europeus e lança plataforma para angariar apoio da população...
- Related stories: Brasil: Governo Bolsonaro e suas políticas que colocam em risco direitos humanos e a democracia
- Related companies: Lidl
Norway: Govt. wealth fund to invest again in 5 companies previously excluded over human rights concerns
Author: Pensions & Investments
"Norway's sovereign wealth giant investing again in 5 companies", 26 June 2019...
Norwegian Ethics Information Committee seeks input on improving respect for human rights through supply chain transparency
Author: Caroline Ditlev-Simonsen on lcbackerblog.blogspot.com
"Norwegian Ethics Information Committee Seeks Input on Methods to Improve Respect For Human Rights Through Supply Chain Transparency Mechanisms", 20 May 2019...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Initiatives for mandatory human rights due diligence in Europe (non-exhaustive), last updated 13 June 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Eight companies & 17 govts. support Christchurch Call to address terrorist & violent extremist content; civil society expresses concerns with the process
On 15 May 2019, 8 companies, 17 governments, and the European Commission adopted the Christchurch Call, a voluntary commitment to eliminate terrorist and violent extremist content online. This call was proposed two months after terrorist attacks at two...
Author: Latin American Post
“Agricultura sostenible: así será la producción de la Orinoquía”, 9 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture
Colombia: The BioCarbono Fund is launched with the aim of promoting sustainable agriculture in the Colombian Orinoquia
Author: Latin American Post
“Sustainable agriculture: this is how Orinoquia's production will be”, 9th May 2019...
Earthworks releases report on the environmental and human impacts of rising mineral demand for renewable energy
Author: Earthworks, UTS ISF
"REPORT: Clean Energy Must Not Rely on Dirty Mining", 17 April 2019....
- Related stories: Over 50 organizations urge World Bank to prioritise human rights & environmental impacts in "climate-smart" mining
- Related in-depth areas: Automobile Climate change Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Mining Natural Resources Renewable energy & human rights
- Related companies: BMW Connected Energy First Solar Huayou Cobalt LG Chem Powervault Renault Samsung SDI (part of Samsung) Tesla Motors Vale