Related stories and components
Portugal: Celtejo (part of Altri) didn't respond re: lawsuit against environmental defender Arlindo Marquês lawsuit
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Altri to respond; Altri didn't respond.
- Related stories: Celtejo (part of Altri) didn't respond re: Arlindo Marquês lawsuit
- This is a non response from the following companies: Celtejo (part of Altri)
Author: Desiree Llanos-Dee, Inquirer (The Philippines)
Climate change affects everyone on the planet, yet those least responsible bear the brunt of the consequences... [But] people are finding various ways, including legal means, to demand that corporations be held to account for fueling the climate...
- Related stories: Latest news & media coverage
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism
EU Fundamental Rights Agency finds civil society in all member states is facing increasing challenges
Author: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU)
"Challenges facing civil society organisations working on human rights in the EU", 19 Jan 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Michael Holder, businessGreen
The UK and Canada have joined with 24 other nations and regional states to launch a new global alliance aimed at phasing out coal-fired power and weaning the world off the most carbon intensive form of electricity generation. The new group was...
Author: Nina Chestney & Stine Jacobsen, Reuters (UK)
Since signing the Paris Agreement in 2015 [...] several countries have made national plans to phase out coal... The Powering Past Coal alliance brings together many of these countries and others that will commit to phasing out coal [and] sharing...
Author: Sara Spary, BuzzFeed
"Starbucks Will Hire 2,500 Refugees To Work In Its European Coffee Shops Despite Backlash", 20 Jun 2017...
- Related stories: World Refugee Day 2017: Companies take action in support of rights
- Related companies: Starbucks
Author: The Circle
"Fashion focus: the fundamental right to a living wage," May 2017...