Related stories and components
In Summer 2019, Ryanair pilots across the world voted among their unions to strike in separate protests over poor working conditions, including wages and benefits. Comments from Ryanair in response to the strikes can be found in the articles below.
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: Conor Humphries, Thomson Reuters
Ryanair...cabin crew in Portugal are set to strike for five days in August in a dispute over pay and conditions......
- Related stories: Ryanair pilots set to strike globally over poor wages and working conditions
- Related companies: Ryanair
Author: International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
On what criteria should investment decisions be made? How should states rank when it comes to non-financial information? What indicators should be used? The objective of the present study is to establish a methodology and classification system that...
Author: Centro de Administração e Políticas Públicas do Instituto Superior de Ciências Sociais e Políticas da Universidade de Lisboa em parceria com a Direção-Geral das Atividades Económicas do Ministério da Economia (Portugal)
"Resultados do 1º Inquérito Nacional sobre Conduta Empresarial Responsável e Direitos Humanos", dezembro de 2018...
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
"Global Poll: Governments’ failure to address low wages and insecure jobs threatens trust in politics and democracy", 2 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
New report by CIVICUS finds private sector is negatively influencing civic freedoms in some countries
Author: CIVICUS (S. Africa)
"People Power Under Attack 2018", 27 Nov 2018...
Commentary: European Parliamentarians want to move on human rights due diligence legislation, says ECCJ
Author: European Coalition for Corporate Justice
ECCJ [...] spoke to the Belgian federal parliament’s intergroup on Fair Trade at its annual meeting on 20 November 2018... The intergroup's members expressed interest in further discussions on possible human rights due diligence rules for Belgium.....
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights due diligence