Related stories and components
...In dem Beitrag wird eingeräumt, dass die Lieferanten sowohl in Rumänien als auch in Mazedonien mehr als den gesetzlichen Mindestlohn bezahlen. Gleichzeitig kommen Kritiker zu Worte, die dieZahlung eines existenzsichernden Lohns („living wage“)...
- Related stories: Osteuropa: Deichmann nimmt Stellung zu Vorwürfen ausbeuterischer Arbeit in Zulieferer-Fabriken
- This is a response from the following companies: Deichmann
Romania: Villagers protest against state coal company Oltenia Energy Complex over health & eviction concerns resulting from its operations
Author: Alexandru Mustata, CEE Bankwatch Network
"A village disappearing: Romanian villagers fight for their homes against a coal giant and their own government"...
Author: Jérôme Chaplier, European Coalition for Corporate Justice, on EurActiv
...Oxfam estimates 27 million people are employed globally in around 2,000 Export Processing Zones, with women representing at least 50%, and in some places up to 90%, of employees. According to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), labour...
Author: Claire Provost for Transnational Institute & Global Justice Now
“Taxes on trial: How trade deals threaten tax justice”, 1 Feb 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on ISDS Latest news on tax avoidance Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP): Background, commentaries & media coverage on human rights concerns Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP): Background & commentaries on social & environmental impacts
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland Cargill Perenco Tullow Oil Vodafone
European Court of Human Rights rules Romanian co. did not breach privacy rights of employee when monitoring his personal email
Author: Sarah O’Connor, Financial Times (UK)
"Bosses reading your emails are not breaching your privacy", 13 Jan 2016...
Romania: Court annuls environmental permit of Oltenia Energy Complex, "halting destruction" of forests & putting breaks on Roșia lignite mine expansion
Author: CEE Bankwatch
"Romanian court rejects environmental permit, halting destruction of 159 hectares of forests and putting breaks on coal mining expansion", 11 December 2015...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Author: The Guardian
The drummer of the heavy metal band playing when a fire broke out in a nightclub in Bucharest has died, bringing the death toll to 45...Dozens of people who were injured in the fire remain hospitalised with serious burns as authorities warn that the...
Author: The Guardian
The embattled Romanian prime minister has announced the resignation of his government following large protests over a nightclub fire that killed more than 30 people.