Related stories and components
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) report from January 2018 looked into the different types and patterns of challenges that civil society organizations working on human rights face in the European Union. In September 2018, FRA...
EU Fundamental Rights Agency finds civil society in all member states is facing increasing challenges
Author: European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU)
"Challenges facing civil society organisations working on human rights in the EU", 19 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: Fundamental Rights Agency finds that civil society in EU is facing increasing challenges & explores role of business
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Ana Maria Dima, Opendemocracy
"The other side of Europe: the exploitation of Romanian workers in the EU", 18 May 2017...
Author: Zoe Conway, BBC News
"Ikea drivers living in trucks for months"...
- Related companies: IKEA
Author: Sustainable Brands
“Supply Chain Slavery Index Identifies High-Risk Countries in Fashion Supply Chains”, 1 February 2017...
- Related stories: Reports allege poor working conditions in shoe supply chains in Eastern Europe; company responses included
- Related companies: Gabor
Seven of 15 former Soviet countries have become “consolidated authoritarian regimes”, says new report; fall in oil prices linked to lack of transparency, accountability
Author: Nate Schenkkan, Freedom House
"Nations in tansit 2016: Europe and Eurasia brace for impact", 12 April 2016...
Czech Republic overlooks human rights abuses by Chinese Govt. for business interests, according to Slovak press
Author: Prague Daily Monitor
"Slovak press: Czechs overlook human rights for business interests"...
Author: Ella Skybenko, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre recently contacted 16 governments and 5 companies in Eastern Europe & Central Asia asking them to provide information on actions they have taken on business and human rights. Only five governments...