Related stories and components
Author: Sustainable Brands
“Supply Chain Slavery Index Identifies High-Risk Countries in Fashion Supply Chains”, 1 February 2017...
- Related stories: Reports allege poor working conditions in shoe supply chains in Eastern Europe; company responses included
- Related companies: Gabor
Seven of 15 former Soviet countries have become “consolidated authoritarian regimes”, says new report; fall in oil prices linked to lack of transparency, accountability
Author: Nate Schenkkan, Freedom House
"Nations in tansit 2016: Europe and Eurasia brace for impact", 12 April 2016...
Czech Republic overlooks human rights abuses by Chinese Govt. for business interests, according to Slovak press
Author: Prague Daily Monitor
"Slovak press: Czechs overlook human rights for business interests"...
Author: Ella Skybenko, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
...Business & Human Rights Resource Centre recently contacted 16 governments and 5 companies in Eastern Europe & Central Asia asking them to provide information on actions they have taken on business and human rights. Only five governments...
Author: Nisha Varia, Human Rights Watch, on Womens News Network
European countries have taken a leadership role in setting up regional mechanisms to protect human rights. So it is a puzzle why some European countries are reticent to take a strong stand on improving global standards to prevent forced labour and...
[PDF] Workers & minorities bear the brunt of abuse - Business & human rights in Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
This briefing provides an update about businesses’ impacts on human rights in Eastern Europe &...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre releases its second Eastern Europe & Central Asia regional briefing
- Related companies: Aeroflot American Apparel Arcelor Mittal BG Group (part of Shell) Chevron Daewoo International (part of Posco) Eni ExxonMobil Gazprom GM Uzbekistan (joint venture General Motors & UzAvtosanoat) Indorama Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO) KazMunayGas Lukarco (joint venture Lukoil & Arco) Lukoil Microsoft Nike RUSAL Shell Shurtanneftegaz Tengizchevroil (joint venture Chevron, ExxonMobil, KazMunayGas, LukArco) Trustbank Ukrainian Danube Shipping Company Uralasbest
We value and respect all the employees who work at McDonald's restaurants. The majority of McDonald’s restaurants around the world are owned and operated by independent business men and women. Both our company and franchised-owned restaurants work hard...
- Related stories: Protests in over 30 countries against McDonald's over alleged labour rights abuses including breaches of freedom of association
- This is a response from the following companies: McDonald's