Related stories and components
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited NEVS to respond. Response provided below:...
- Related stories: Report raises concerns about potential complicity in corruption among companies buying cobalt from DRC
- This is a response from the following companies: NEVS
Research finds "no systemic change" to garment worker conditions despite health and safety initiatives launched after Rana Plaza collapse
Author: University of New South Wales Sydney
"After Rana Plaza: are workers in clothing factories better off?", 25 September 2019...
Author: Mariana Simões, Agência Pública/Repórter Brasil (Brazil)
“Após acordo com Mercosul, empresário sueco promete cruzada contra produtos brasileiros-Em entrevista, empresário revela que está articulando ampliação de boicote entre outros supermercados europeus e lança plataforma para angariar apoio da população...
- Related stories: Brasil: Governo Bolsonaro e suas políticas que colocam em risco direitos humanos e a democracia
- Related companies: Lidl
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: Latin American Post
“Suecia posa mirada en reservas de litio de Sudamérica, advierte sobre dominio de China”, 23 de julio de 2019...
- Related companies: Plateau Energy Metals
Latin America: Swedish companies interested in lithium reserves in expectation of increased demand for electric cars
Author: Latin American Post
“Sweden in search of South American "white gold"”, 23rd July 2019...
Author: The Guardian (UK)
“Hundreds of new pesticides approved in Brazil under Bolsonaro”, 12th June 2019...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Initiatives for mandatory human rights due diligence in Europe (non-exhaustive), last updated 13 June 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on mandatory human rights due diligence
Eight companies & 17 govts. support Christchurch Call to address terrorist & violent extremist content; civil society expresses concerns with the process
On 15 May 2019, 8 companies, 17 governments, and the European Commission adopted the Christchurch Call, a voluntary commitment to eliminate terrorist and violent extremist content online. This call was proposed two months after terrorist attacks at two...