Related stories and components
Author: Alex Hern, The Guardian (UK)
“TikTok's local moderation guidelines ban pro-LGBT content”, 26 Sep 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights
Turkey: H&M signs 1st collective bargaining agreement in fast-fashion sector, covering pay rises, bonuses, stronger job protection & better working conditions
Author: UNI Global Union
"Koop-is Union reaches first collective agreement in the Turkish fast-fashion sector", 20 September 2019...
- Related companies: H&M
Turkey: Investigation links Ferrero to exploitation of hazelnut pickers, child labour, low pay & long hours; Includes comments from Ferrero
Author: Tim Whewell, BBC News
"Is Nutella made with nuts picked by children?", 19 September 2019...
- Related companies: Ferrero
- Related stories: Turkey: glassworkers of Okan Group on strike over long-standing union busting
- This is a non response from the following companies: Duzcecam ( Part of Okan Group) OKAN GROUP
Glassworkers have been on strike at the Okan group’s Düzce Cam factory in the town of Düzce, northwest Turkey since July 26. The workers have been involved in a four-year struggle for the Kristal-Iş union to be recognized by the company....
...As Vega Wind Energy Electricity Generation Inc., our company continues electricity generation activities from wind energy plant in Turkey, Izmir province, Cesme township for about 5 years since May 2015 with production license received in accordance...
- Related stories: Local community raises concerns around wind energy project in Turkey; incl. company responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Vega Wind Energy Electricity Generation Inc. (formerly ABK Energy)
UN Working Group on the use of mercenaries highlights the human rights impacts of the relationship between PMSCs and the extractive sector
Author: UN Human Rights Council (Geneva)
"Relationship between private military and security companies and the extractive industry from a human rights perspective. Report of the Working Group on the use of mercenaries as a means of violating human rights and impeding the exercise of the right...
Author: Life Enerji
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Life Enerji to respond to the concerns raised. Life Enerji sent the following response: We don’t have any influence over the process and decision of the company.
- Related stories: Local community raises concerns around wind energy project in Turkey; incl. company (non-)responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Life Enerji
German prosecutor to investigate FinFisher for allegedly selling spyware used against journalists and activists in Turkey without license
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR)
"German prosecutor opens criminal investigation into Finfisher for selling spyware to Turkey without license", 5 Sep 2019...