Related stories and components
.No terceiro aniversário do rompimento da barragem da Samarco, integrantes de comunidades atingidas visitam Londres para encontros com a BHP Billiton, sociedade civil, parlamentares e investidores. A viagem teve apoio do Centro de Informação sobre...
Author: AFP & L'Express
« Les lanceurs d'alerte, un statut encore fragile », 9 novembre 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: Danske Bank UBS
“The transition to a low carbon economy is one of the great challenges of our time. BP is dedicated to being part of the solution. In our recent report, Advancing the Energy Transition, we reaffirm our commitment to advance the energy transition and...
- Related stories: Climate Accountability Scorecard: Assessment finds 8 major fossil fuel companies fail to adequately plan for low-carbon world
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Introduction: Links between climate change & human rights
- This is a response from the following companies: BP
Ranking Digital Rights' Investor Update highlights that good governance in ICT sector requires focus on consumer privacy & expression-related risks
Author: Rebecca MacKinnon & Melissa Brown, Ranking Digital Rights
"Poor digital rights governance: Users, investors, and societies pay the price," 29 Oct 2018...
UK: Contractor for windfarm project allegedly underpaid foreign workers; co denies "slave labour" claims
Author: David McPhee, Energy Voice
"Contractor for major windfarm forced to deny ‘slave labour’ claims", 29 October 2018...
- Related companies: Seaway Heavy Lifting
UK: Lloyds to pay £150 mln. to female members of its pension scheme over gender discrimination lawsuit
Author: Rob Davies, The Guardian
"Lloyds faces bill of up to £150m in pensions discrimination ruling", 26 Oct 2018...
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Author: ITV News (UK)
"Three anti-fracking activists released from prison over Cuadrilla demonstration", 17 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: UK: Three anti-fracking activists become first environmental campaigners to be jailed for protest since 1932
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Cuadrilla