Related stories and components
UK: Almost 200 CEOs sign letter to Boris Johnson, calling on govt. to deliver a green recovery plan in the wake of COVID-19
Author: Jillian Ambrose, The Guardian
“Top business leaders call on Boris Johnson to set out green recovery plan”, 1 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Aviva BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) HSBC Lloyds Group National Grid
UK: NGOs submit evidence to Supreme Court in case concerning Shell’s alleged responsibility for Niger Delta oil spills
Author: Corporate Responsibility (CORE) Coalition
"UK Supreme Court should recognise Shell’s responsibilities for devastating rights impacts of Niger Delta oil spills," ...
- Related stories: Shell lawsuit (re oil spills & Ogale & Bille communities in Nigeria - Okpabi v Shell)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Weak enforcement of EU data protection law means companies are able to circumvent rules, report warns on two-year anniversary of GDPR
Further information on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including what the GDPR means for business and human rights in the digital economy and human rights concerns arising from non-compliance, is available here.
UK court rejects jurisdiction in $1.1 billion case against Shell & Eni for corruption in Nigeria, related case continues in Italy
"UK court throws out Nigerian oil corruption case against Shell, Eni" 22 May 2020...
“Europeus ameaçam retaliação ao Brasil por ‘PL da Grilagem’. Parlamento europeu e varejistas britânicos propõem boicote a produtos agrícolas do país”, 22 de maio de 2020...
Corporate landlord Akelius' business model allegedly inconsistent with human rights, says UN housing expert; incl. company response
In a press release dated 29 April 2020, Leilani Farha, the UN Special Rapporteur on adequate housing, accused corporate property owner Akelius Residential of allegedly breaching human rights standards on the right to adequate housing in the UK, Canada...
Commentary: ICAR predicts rise in companies & governments silencing dissent through strategic lawsuits & COVID measures
Author: International Corporate Accountability Roundtable
"Silencing dissent — it’s easier in a COVID world," 20 May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Surveillance, censorship & privacy Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
Akelius business idea is to give a better living in major metropolitan cities. This means that the company acquires old buildings, which very often have a significant maintenance need....
- This is a response from the following companies: Akelius