Related stories and components
Nigeria: ILO initiates national work plan to eliminate child labour in mining and cocoa supply chains
Author: Alex Enumah, This Day (Nigeria)
"Nigeria, ILO, Others Strategise to Eradicate Child Labour", 6 May 2019....
Author: Lily Kampani, Malawi News Agency
"Africa: ILO Sets Out to Eradicate Child Labour in Africa"...
Author: Robert Fisk, The Independent
"Egypt’s brutal crackdown on workers’ rights runs far deeper than the fate of two actors", 27 March 2019...
Ten workers were killed on March 21 when an ammonia tank full exploded at a fertiliser plant at Ain Sokhna in Egypt's northeastern Suez province, according to Al-Ahram....
- Related companies: El Nasr
Conflict and mass displacement increase child labour: findings from the first global report on child labour in the Arab States
Author: ILO, Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Arab Council for Childhood and Development (ACCD), Arab Labour Organisation (ALO),League of Arab States (LAS)
Conflict and crisis in the Middle East and North Africa has led to an increase in child labour across the region, including in children’s involvement in armed conflict and other illicit activities, a new report finds....
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Russia is increasing its influence in Africa through strategic investment in energy and minerals says analyst
Author: The Conversation (South Africa)
"How Russia is growing its strategic influence in Africa", 6 février 2019...
Egypt: Front Line Defenders report claims Naval Group's presence during strike, lockout, mass firings & trials of labour rights defenders
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Report Reveals Egyptian Labour Rights Defenders Facing “Worst Repression in Decades”, 14 Jan 2019...
- Related stories: Egypt: Front Line Defenders report claims Naval Group's presence during strike, lockout, mass firings & trials of labour rights defenders; Naval Group responds
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Naval One (now Naval Group)
Egypt: Front Line Defenders report claims Naval Group's presence during strike, lockout, mass firings & trials of labour rights defenders; Naval Group responds
Trade unionists, labour rights lawyers, and workers organising strikes in Egypt were facing torture, mass firings and trials in military courts, facing the worst n level of violence and retribution against labour rights activism in decades, according...
Author: Naval Group
We are not indifferent to the situation of the employees of our partner Alexandra Shipyards. Naval Group has a strong ethics and compliance policy which is applied rigourously in all its international subsidiaries. The Egyptian yard is not a...
- Related stories: Egypt: Front Line Defenders report claims Naval Group's presence during strike, lockout, mass firings & trials of labour rights defenders; Naval Group responds Egypte : Les défenseurs du droit du travail victimes de torture, licenciements collectifs et procès militaires, selon un rapport
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- This is a response from the following companies: Naval One (now Naval Group)