Related stories and components
"Facebook Messenger, social media and news sites disrupted in Egypt amid protests"...
Author: NPR (US)
“Twitter Removes Thousands Of Accounts For Manipulating Its Platform”, 20 Sep 2019...
UN Human Rights Office documents growing reprisals against civil society for cooperating with United Nations
Author: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
"Human rights: Reported reprisals on the rise, says UN", 19 Sep 2019...
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Author: Defenders in Development Campaign
The new Uncalculated Risks report emphasises that Development Finance Institutions - DFIs - have an obligation to respect human rights and to ensure that their investments are not putting defenders at risk. It makes the point that DFIs should utilize...
Middle East & North Africa: Telecommunication cos. Ooredoo & Etisalat backslide in Ranking Digital Rights benchmark
Author: Afef Abrougui, Ranking Digital Rights
"Arab region’s telecommunications companies fail to respect users’ digital rights", 12 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Deutsche Telekom Etisalat Facebook Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Telenor Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yandex
Report explores role of development financiers with regards to attacks against human rights defenders
Author: Coalition for Human Rights in Development
"Uncalculated Risks: Threats and attacks against human rights defenders and the role of development financiers" 30 May 2019...
Nigeria: ILO initiates national work plan to eliminate child labour in mining and cocoa supply chains
Author: Alex Enumah, This Day (Nigeria)
"Nigeria, ILO, Others Strategise to Eradicate Child Labour", 6 May 2019....
Author: David Cruz, Asociación Ambiente y Sociedad (Colombia)
[Excerpt translation from Spanish provided by Business and Human Rights Resource Centre]...
- Related stories: Latin America: According to analysts, new commercial agreements with China would pose an excessive indebtment for governments in the region
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas