Related stories and components
Author: OECD Watch
"The State of Remedy under the OECD Guidelines: Understanding NCP cases concluded in 2018 through the lens of remedy", 12 Jun 2019...
Commentary: Democratic nations must get ahead of the technology curve to address emerging threats by authoritarian regimes
Author: Laura Rosenberger, OpenGlobalRights
“Failure to act: getting ahead of technological threats to democracy,” 6 March 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Twitter
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Center for Human Rights in Iran
"Iran Must Address Crisis of Unpaid Wages, Not Prosecute People Who Demand Their Pay", 13 December 2018...
Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) World Congress concludes, Sharan Burrow re-elected as General Secretary
Author: International Trade Union Confederation
"THE 4TH ITUC WORLD CONGRESS CONCLUDED IN COPENHAGEN TODAY WITH THE RE-ELECTION OF SHARAN BURROW AS GENERAL SECRETARY OF THE 207 MILLION-MEMBER MOVEMENT", 7 December 2018...
- Related stories: Intl. Trade Union Confederation (ITUC) 4th World Congress
FIFA published the second report of its Human Rights Advisory Board, a group of eight independent experts from the United Nations, trade unions, civil society and FIFA sponsors who provide advice and recommendations to FIFA on how to strengthen the...
Author: Afsaneh Rigot, OpenGlobalRights
"Apps and traps: why dating apps must do more to protect LGBTQ communities," 16 May 2018...