Related stories and components
Conflict and mass displacement increase child labour: findings from the first global report on child labour in the Arab States
Author: ILO, Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Arab Council for Childhood and Development (ACCD), Arab Labour Organisation (ALO),League of Arab States (LAS)
Conflict and crisis in the Middle East and North Africa has led to an increase in child labour across the region, including in children’s involvement in armed conflict and other illicit activities, a new report finds....
US Judge allows lawsuit by ex-Abu Grahib inmates against CACI over alleged torture in Iraq to proceed
Author: Matthew Barskat, Associated Press
"Judge allows Abu Ghraib torture claims to go to trial", 27 Feb 2019...
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders
"Situation of women human rights defenders: Report of the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders", 10 Jan 2019 [T]he present report is based on numerous discussions that the Special Rapporteur has had with women human right...
Front Line Defenders' new global analysis shows 77% of attacks connected to defense of land, environment & indigenous rights
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Global Analysis 2018", 07 Dec 2018...
"Report: Ex-Blackwater Guard Convicted of Murder in Iraq Shooting Spree", 19 Dec 2018...
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Blackwater
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Author: Liz Ford, The Guardian (UK)
"Women's rights take centre stage as murdered activists are remembered", 29 Nov 2018...
- Related stories: Women human rights defenders' day 2018: Rise in killings & calls for a stronger response by govts. & cos.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
Global Network Initiative report details human rights impacts of internet shutdowns & recommends involving businesses in advocacy against disruptions
Author: Jan Rydzak, Global Network Initiative
Since 2011, network disruptions and large-scale network shutdowns have become a widespread tool of information control. Governments in at least four continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, and South America) have shut down connectivity or social media... ...
Author: CIVICUS (South Africa)
"CIVICUS: State of Civil Society Report 2018 - Year in Review: Top 10 trends", 06 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders