Related stories and components
A report released today on the Syria refugee response finds that, while significant progress has been made in providing assistance, the number of Syrian refugees living in poverty continues to rise in host countries in the region and providing access...
- Related stories: Syrian refugees and access to work in Jordan
"Responsible Business in Occupied Territories" - with case studies on Iraq, Western Sahara, West Bank
Author: Sarah Saadoun, Human Rights Watch, in Harvard International Review
"Responsible Business in Occupied Territories", 21 June 2016...
- Related companies: Airbnb
Author: Castan Centre for Human Rights Law, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, United Nations Global Compact
This publication provides company managers and staff with essential knowledge of what human rights are and how they are relevant for business. It also outlines some key elements of what it means to respect and support human rights in practice. It is...
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance & Tools Guidance on human rights policies Guidance tools for business Positive company initiatives
- Related companies: 7-Eleven Abercrombie & Fitch Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas Alphabet Amalgamated Bank Anjin (joint venture Anhui Foreign Economic Construction, Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation & Govt. of Zimbabwe) Barneys Beowulf Mining Boeing Broadspectrum (formerly Transfield Services) Century Miracle Jordan Chinalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) Chiquita Facebook First Quantum Minerals Ford Forever 21 Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) GEO Group Google (part of Alphabet) Hershey Hon Hai Hospira Hudbay Minerals Jeppesen (part of Boeing) Kroger L'Oreal LafargeHolcim Lonmin Lundbeck Lush Mars Microsoft Mylan Laboratories Nestlé Newmont PepsiCo Pfizer Qatar Airways Rio Tinto Skanska Standard Chartered Tahoe Resources Telenor Tesco Unilever Vedanta Resources Vodafone
Author: Farid Farah, Maghreb Emergent (Algérie)
« Les TIC sont le moteur du développement durable, selon un rapport d’Ericsson », 7 mai 2016...
- Related companies: Ericsson
US court must reject lawlessness of torture in Abu Ghraib case against CACI, says former general counsel for US Navy
Author: Alberto Mora, senior fellow at Harvard Kennedy School & former general counsel of US Navy in Guardian (UK)
"Abu Ghraib prisoners deserve, finally, their day in court", 11 May 2015...
UK security firm Aegis accused of failing to check if mercenaries it employed to work in Iraq were former child soldiers
Author: Alice Ross, Guardian (UK)
A former senior director at a British firm says that it employed mercenaries from Sierra Leone to work in Iraq because they were cheaper than Europeans and did not check if they were former child soldiers. James Ellery, who was a director of Aegis...