Related stories and components
Author: Oliver Wainwright, Guardian (UK)
"Why Ikea's flatpack refugee shelter won design of the year", 27 Jan 2017...
- Related companies: IKEA
USA: In response to Trump’s immigration ban, Starbucks CEO announces company will hire 10,000 refugees worldwide
Author: Phil Wahba, Fortune
"Starbucks Has a Response to President Trump's Immigration Ban: Hire 10,000 Refugees", 29 Jan 2017...
- Related stories: Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Starbucks
Author: Matt Lakin, Knoxville News Sentinel (USA)
Attorneys for two former Blackwater Worldwide security guards from East Tennessee convicted of killing Iraqi civilians made the case Tuesday before a federal appeals court for their freedom...Court filings show the appeal argues at least one key trial...
- Related stories: Blackwater USA lawsuit (re 16 Sep 2007 Baghdad incident)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) Blackwater Xe (formerly Blackwater)
Author: Jonathan Stempel, Reuters
A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday refused to hold KBR Inc (KBR.N) liable for alleged human trafficking, in connection with the 2004 kidnapping and murder by insurgents of 12 Nepali men being transported in Iraq to work for a subcontractor at a U.S....
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin: Corporate legal accountability & haze in Indonesia
Ex-child soldiers to sue Aegis Defence Services in UK for alleged failure to mitigate psychological harm they suffered when recruited as adult mercenaries in Iraq
Author: Alice Ross, Guardian (United Kingdom)
"Ex-child soldiers to sue UK firm that hired them to be mercenaries in Iraq", 18 Nov 2016...