Related stories and components
Sudan: Gvt. begins proceedings to prosecute UAE Black Shield accused of forcing Sudanese to fight in Yemen and Libya, following workers'mobilisation
Sudanese lawyers announced on Monday that legal measures had been taken against travel agencies that have contributed to deceiving Sudanese youth by offering them work contracts with the Emirati Black Shield Security Services then transferring them to...
Author: Christopher Knaus & Ben Doherty, The Guardian
"Australia sold weapons to Mali as UN warned violence creating 'humanitarian disaster'", 10 March 2020...
Two international NGOs, Public Eye and TRIAL, have released a recent report uncovering international business transactions in 2014 and 2015 between the Swiss trader Kolmar Group AG and a network accused of smuggling whose main players are now facing...
UAE: Protesters allege young Sudanese men are being deceived by security firm & forced into military training camps
Author: Sudan Tribune (Sudan)
"Protest in Khartoum against UAE firm recruiting Sudanese to fight in Libya and Yemen," 27 Jan 2020...
- Related stories: Sudan: Gvt. begins proceedings to prosecute UAE Black Shield accused of forcing Sudanese to fight in Yemen and Libya, following workers'mobilisation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers Migrant workers - an introduction
- Related companies: Black Shield Security Services
"Facebook suspends fake accounts for meddling in 8 African countries," 31 October 2019....
Verisk Maplecroft's Human Rights Outlook 2019 says risks spread for businesses & civil society as more countries embrace authoritarian tactics
Author: Verisk Maplecroft
"‘Strongmen’ regimes lead charge against freedom of speech and privacy: Human Rights Outlook 2019", 07 Aug 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour Latest news on natural resources Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti BHP Billiton Yamana Gold
Middle East & North Africa: Telecommunication cos. Ooredoo & Etisalat backslide in Ranking Digital Rights benchmark
Author: Afef Abrougui, Ranking Digital Rights
"Arab region’s telecommunications companies fail to respect users’ digital rights", 12 Jun 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Deutsche Telekom Etisalat Facebook Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Telenor Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yandex
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Goldcorp Sumitomo Group
Author: OBS (Suiza)
"Italia / UE: Incautación del barco de la ONG Proactiva Open Arms, amenazas de muerte y criminalización de tres de sus responsables", 16 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias
Front Line Defenders report highlights killings of 312 human rights defenders in 2017, underlining the role of business
Author: Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"Annual Report on Human Rights Defenders at Risk 2017", 3 Jan 2018...