Related stories and components
Author: Ben Miller, Dost Bardouille & Jason Tower
This report includes preliminary findings regarding Chinese business practices that either help build positive relations with local communities or engender community dissatisfaction and opposition. The findings presented here can provide insights and...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas: Guidance by government, business, civil society
- Related companies: Union Development Group
Author: Aidan Lewis, Reuters
Libya's Sharara oil field reopens after strike: National Oil Corp, 8 June 2017...
Author: Lucien Mpama, Agence d'information de l'Afrique centrale
"ENI œuvre pour plus d’électricité à l’Afrique", 10 mars 2017...
- Related companies: Eni
USA: In response to Trump’s immigration ban, Starbucks CEO announces company will hire 10,000 refugees worldwide
Author: Phil Wahba, Fortune
"Starbucks Has a Response to President Trump's Immigration Ban: Hire 10,000 Refugees", 29 Jan 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms Trump's travel ban - how is business responding?
- Related in-depth areas: Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Starbucks
Author: 20 Minutes et AFP (France)
« Décret anti-immigration: Starbucks, Uber et d'autes grandes entreprises américaines répondent à Trump », 30 janvier 2017...
New tool MONITOR by CIVICUS reveals 3.2 billion people live in countries where civic space is either repressed or closed
Author: Nathalie Risse, IISD
"CIVICUS Launches Civic Freedom Tracker", 27 Oct 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Canada: Alleged export of military equipment by Streit Security Vehicles to Sudan despite export ban
Author: The Globe and Mail (Canada)
Canadian-owned firm sold armoured vehicles to Sudan despite export ban, 5 September 2010...
Buzzfeed News investigates the injustices of investor state dispute settlement (ISDS) in a four part series. The series explores how the threat of arbitration is enough to chill government regulation, how ISDS helps executives escape punishment &...