Construction in Qatar Project: see our outreach to construction companies on working conditions & their responses.
Related stories and components
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Construction firm Vinci faces new complaint filed in France over alleged abuse of migrant workers' rights in Qatar; co. responds
On 22 November 2018, Sherpa, the Comité contre l’Esclavage Moderne (CCEM) and six former Indian and Nepalese workers filed a complaint against construction firm Vinci and its Qatar subsidiary. The complaint alleges abuse of the rights of migrant...
Vinci a pris connaissance de l'inititative récente de Sherpa de déposer une nouvelle plainte portant sur les conditions de travail sur ses chantiers au Qatar. Vinci réfute, hier comme aujourd'hui, ces allégations......
- Related stories: Des ONG et anciens travailleurs migrants portent plainte contre Vinci en France par rapport aux conditions de travail sur les chantiers de la Coupe du monde au Qatar
- This is a response from the following companies: Vinci
FIFA published the second report of its Human Rights Advisory Board, a group of eight independent experts from the United Nations, trade unions, civil society and FIFA sponsors who provide advice and recommendations to FIFA on how to strengthen the...
In August 2018, 23-year-old Tej Narayan Tharu from Nepal died following a worksite accident at Al Wakrah Stadium. World Cup organisers, Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, launched an investigation into the accident saying "further details...
Author: David Conn, The Guardian (UK)
"Qatar 2022: £40 a week to build the World Cup stadiums", 21 November 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Labour rights and the Qatar World Cup 2022
- Related companies: FIFA
FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board conducts site visit to Qatar; highlights progress & ongoing challenges
Author: FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board
"Update Statement by FIFA’s Human Rights Advisory Board Following the Board’s Fourth Biannual Meeting", Oct 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board