Construction in Qatar Project: see our outreach to construction companies on working conditions & their responses.
Related stories and components
Author: The Arab Weekly
"Qatari authorities accused of endangering foreign workers amid pandemic," 19 Apr 2020...
- Related stories: Ongoing protests despite COVID-19 lockdowns
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Migrant workers Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers
Author: David Brennan, Newsweek
"Coronavirus leaves foreign workers in the Gulf stranded, unemployed and forgotten, advocates warn," 9 Apr 2020...
The below articles relate to media coverage of the report World Cup & Expo 2020 Construction: COVID-19 & Risks to Migrant Workers in Qatar & the UAE.
Author: Ben Hubbard, New York Times
"Coronavirus fears terrify and impoverish migrants in the Persian Gulf," 13 Apr 2020...
Author: Ahssanuddin Haseeb, Khabar Live Hyderabad News (India)
"Invisible Migrant Workers Dying of 'Natural Causes in 'Arabian Gulf'," 3 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers
Author: Alainna Liloia, Al Araby
"As coronavirus hits the Gulf don't forget about migrant workers," 8 Apr 2020...
Qatar: Documentary highlights Covid-19 risks to migrant workers despite Govt. taking protective steps
In April 2020, German news outlet DW released an investigative documentary highlighting concerns that construction of World Cup infrastructure is continuing, raising the risk of Covid-19 infections among migrant workers....
Al Balagh Trading & Contracting re migrant worker welfare in Qatar & the UAE during the Covid-19 outbreak
Author: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting
- Related stories: Outreach to companies on COVID-19 regarding the protection of migrant workers in Qatar and the UAE
- This is a non response from the following companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting