Related stories and components
UN Special Rapporteur on human rights defenders' global survey highlights role of cos. in attacks in several countries
Author: Michel Forst, UN Special Rapporteur on Human Rights Defenders (Switzerland)
"World report on the situation of human rights defenders", 17 Dec 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Formosa Plastics Jiew Kang Jue Pattana Co. Ltd. Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Newmont Sumitomo Group
In September 2018, Spain halted the sale of 400 laser-guided missiles to Saudi Arabia amid concerns about their use in the conflict in Yemen. According to the UN, the war has left more than 10,000 people and left 8.4 million on the brink of famine. The...
Japan / UAE / Yemen: NGO urges Kawasaki not to sell military transport aircraft to UAE, company did not respond
Network Against Japan Arms Trade (NAJAT), a Japanese NGO, has expressed concern regarding reports that Japanese military transport aircraft may be sold to the United Arabs Emirates (UAE). NAJAT notes that the UAE is engaging in armed intervention in t...
Kawasaki Heavy Industries did not respond to the Business & Human Rights Resource Centre regarding NAJAT's allegations on the possible sale of military transport aircraft to the UAE.
- Related stories: Japan / UAE / Yemen: NGO urges Kawasaki not to sell military transport aircraft to UAE, company did not respond
- This is a non response from the following companies: Kawasaki Heavy Industries
Subsidiary of German arms manufacturer Rheinmetall to face criminal complaint in Italy alleging co's involvement in Yemen bombing
Author: Anne-Sophie Simpere, Observatoire des Multinationales
« Mirages 2000, chars Leclerc, canons Caesar : la France et ses entreprises, fournisseurs officiels de la guerre au Yémen », 6 février 2018...
- Related companies: Nexter
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...