Related stories and components
Fossil fuel companies get included in COVID-19 stimulus packages & are lobbying for suspension of environmental laws, as crack-down on activists & workers continues
Author: Open Democracy
"DemocracyWatch: journalists and dissidents arrested in COVID crackdowns", 22 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
- Related companies: BP Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Total
UAE: Protesters allege young Sudanese men are being deceived by security firm & forced into military training camps
Author: Sudan Tribune (Sudan)
"Protest in Khartoum against UAE firm recruiting Sudanese to fight in Libya and Yemen," 27 Jan 2020...
- Related stories: Sudan: Gvt. begins proceedings to prosecute UAE Black Shield accused of forcing Sudanese to fight in Yemen and Libya, following workers'mobilisation
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE Migrant workers Migrant workers - an introduction
- Related companies: Black Shield Security Services
Italian Public Prosecutor requests dismissal of arms manufacturer RWM Italia's case on involvement in Saudi/UAE airstrikes in Yemen
Author: European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights (ECCHR)
"The case against UAMA and RWM Italia is not about negligence, it's about Italy's role in deadly Saudi/UAE-Led coalition airstrike", 8 Oct 2019...
UN Human Rights Office documents growing reprisals against civil society for cooperating with United Nations
Author: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
"Human rights: Reported reprisals on the rise, says UN", 19 Sep 2019...
Amnesty International report finds arms companies failing to address human rights risks; incl. co comments
The defence sector plays an important yet often overlooked role in the supply of military goods and services to countries involved in committing human rights violations, argues Amnesty International. For their report "Outsourcing Responsibilty", the...
Conflict and mass displacement increase child labour: findings from the first global report on child labour in the Arab States
Author: ILO, Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Arab Council for Childhood and Development (ACCD), Arab Labour Organisation (ALO),League of Arab States (LAS)
Conflict and crisis in the Middle East and North Africa has led to an increase in child labour across the region, including in children’s involvement in armed conflict and other illicit activities, a new report finds....