- Principle 21 of the "Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights" - on communicating (see pg. 20)
- Author: UN Special Representative on business & human rights
- [PDF] A Resource Guide to Corporate Human Rights Reporting
- Author and date: Global Reporting Initiative, Realizing Rights, UN Global Compact, 2009
- [PDF] Corporate Human Rights Reporting: An Analysis of Current Trends
- Author and date: Elizabeth Umlas, commissioned by Realizing Rights, Global Reporting Initiative, UN Global Compact, 2009
- [PDF] "Sustainability Reporting Guidelines – G3.1" - see pg. 32, "Human Rights"
- Global Reporting Initiative
This is a selection of good practice company reports with substantive coverage of human rights issues. The reports are included for their strong references to some or all of the following:
- Overview of the company's human rights issues
- Policies and governance
- Practical implementation: details of impact assessment, training, management, complaints mechanisms etc.
- Impacts, in particular: specific challenges (concerns raised about the company and how the company has dealt with them); positive initiatives; broader public policy contexts and actions
- Engagement with stakeholders / involvement in collaborative initiatives
- Commitments & targets for future improvement
- Monitoring & verification
This is not a comprehensive list of good corporate human rights reports. Reports are included in this section without any judgment on the actual human rights performance of each company.
Anglo American: "Report to Society 2009" (and accompanying website)
Carrefour: "2008 Sustainability Report"
GlaxoSmithKline: "Corporate Responsibility Report 2009"
Newmont: "Sustainability Report 2009"
Starbucks: "FY 08 Global Responsibility Report"
The following in-depth areas are available in other languages:
Related stories and components
The UN Guiding Principles Reporting Database was developed by Shift in support of the UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework, a joint initiative of Shift and Mazars...The UN Guiding Principles Reporting Database shows what companies say about how...
On 14 April 2015. Ericsson released its Sustainability Report 2014. It is the first time the company has reported using the UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework and it is the first information and communications technology (ICT) company to use...
Ericsson ..has published its 22nd Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility Report summarizing its performance during 2014 in the areas of: Responsible Business; Energy, Environment and Climate; and Communication for All... Ericsson is the first ICT...
- Related stories: Ericsson releases sustainability report based on UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework
- Related in-depth areas: Reporting