Research Intern at Danish Institute for Human Rights
The Corporate Engagement Programme at the Danish Institute for Human Rights is seeking a dynamic, well organised and service minded intern.
The Human Rights and Development Department at the Danish Institute for Human Rights is working strategically to maximize the positive contribution of business in realizing rights and minimizing negative business impacts on human rights. As our new intern, you will support the team of experts, senior advisors, and advisors. In our work, we are benefiting from an extensive network of business and human rights organisations and actors.
The Corporate Engagement Programme works with a variety of corporate partners on improving their human rights performance and on the development of tools and methods for public dissemination and use. As our future Corporate Engagement intern, you will work on various projects within the programme. Your main tasks will be researching and supporting the programme in generating knowledge, developing tools, methods and standards on how companies can respect human rights and, contribute positively to human rights enjoyment.
As an intern you can expect to participate in:
- Background research on human rights topics and business sectors
- Country specific research on human rights and business issues for our work with corporate partners
- Research on human rights impact assessment, grievance mechanisms and other ad-hoc human rights and business related topics.
- Prior experience or academic interest in human rights or corporate social responsibility
- Willingness and ability to perform meticulous, detailed research on a wide range of topics within the human rights and business field
- Proven ability to summarize complex information
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm commensurate with the position
- Experience relating to development NGOs, human rights & business issues through extra-curricular activities, or other voluntary social activities will be an advantage
- High standard first (BA) degree in human rights, law, business studies, political science, anthropology, development studies or related field. You also have to be enrolled in a university programme for the entire period of the internship. This is a mandatory requirement.
For further information, please contact Programme Manager, Cathrine Poulsen-Hansen at [email protected]hts.dk
Conditions of EMPLOYMENT
The internship’s duration is six month or otherwise negotiated; 30- 37 hours a week in Copenhagen.
Preferred starting date is 1. February 2016.
The Danish Institute for Human Rights appreciates diversity in the workplace. If qualified, we strongly encourage you to apply for the position.
Please apply by using the form on our website http://humanrights.dk/about-us/vacancies. Please observe that the application should include a motivation letter (max. 1 page), a CV, and a short writing sample in English on a relevant topic.
The Danish Institute for Human Rights protects and promotes human rights through partnerships with National Human Rights Institutions, state agencies with a crosscutting human rights mandate and justice system actors as well as through research, documentation, education, training and communication activities. We are aiming at setting standards and generating change.
Job title: Research Intern
Contract: 30-37 hours per week for 6 months
Deadline: 18 December 2015, 12:00 (GMT+1)