Research Officer at ShareAction
Purpose of Post:
ShareAction publishes annual rankings of the responsible investment performance of the UK’s biggest institutional investors. Our surveys help to define and promote evolving best practice across the investment industry; explore barriers to change and advance solutions to these; and put powerful information into the hands of pension fund members and other industry stakeholders. Our surveys receive widespread coverage in both mainstream and specialist media.
The Research Officer will work with the Senior Policy Officer to deliver this year’s survey of the UK’s largest workplace pension providers.
- Assisting the Senior Policy Officer and our international partners with design of the survey methodology
- Conducting desk-based research into pension providers’ investment policies and practices
- Interaction with organisations surveyed to gather data and explain our analysis
- Analysis of data gathered
- Preparation of the final report
- Working with our Head of Media to prepare media launch
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex information using qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong planning, co-ordination and prioritisation skills and proven capacity to undertake varied tasks simultaneously to tight deadlines.
- A basic understanding of the work that ShareAction does and a demonstrable interest in the issues we work on
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative.
- Attention to detail
- Advanced or fluent in German and/or French
- Knowledge of responsible investment and/or the world of finance
- An understanding of pensions
Please complete the application form showing how you meet the aspects outlined above, as well as our Diversity Monitoring Form. Please refer to our Diversity Monitoring Guidance for Users if you want to know more about why we monitor diversity.
There is no need to send a covering letter. Please note that CVs will not be considered.
Make sure your application clearly explains your interests and the skills you would bring to the role. Don't be afraid to show your enthusiasm! Please send the application form to [email protected] by midnight on 26th July. Interviews will take place during the week of 3rd August.
Job title: Research Officer
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 + 8% pension contribution, depending on experience
Contract: Full time, fixed term contract finishing 31 December 2015
Closing date: 26 July 2015