Researcher at Access to Medicine Foundation
The Access to Medicine Foundation is an international not-for-profit organisation dedicated to addressing the challenges of access to medicine worldwide. Every two years, the Foundation publishes the Access to Medicine Index with the aim of stimulating positive change by publicly encouraging pharmaceutical companies to step up their efforts to improve access to medicine worldwide.
The Access to Medicine Foundation aims to increase the core research capabilities within the Foundation. Going forward we intend to develop our Access to Medicine Index methodology (through stakeholder consultations) and analyse data on various global health issues inhouse, with the help of leading external firms in field research.
Furthermore, we wish to add to the publication of the Access to Medicine Index by strengthening the Foundation’s role as thought leader in between Indices, i.e. by regularly providing analysis/commentary on the debate surrounding access to medicine, reactions to news items and presentations at leading events.
To join our team of researchers and reporting to the Head of Research, we are looking for a researcher. This position is located in the Foundation’s office in Haarlem, the Netherlands.
- Develop methodology for the 2016 Access to Medicine Index for the Technical Area General Access to Medicine Management and Product Donations and Philanthropy
- Responsible for managing appropriate resources related to the methodology and Foundation, e.g. subject matter experts, reviewers, analysts
- Critical analysis of large amounts of data associated with one or more technical areas, including assessing company performance and reporting on the same.
- Actively involved in analysis, design and writing Access to Medicine Foundation’s publications
- Preparing documents and discussions with experts, stakeholders and reviewers
- Presenting and participating in seminars and conferences
- Managing and developing the relationships of the organization and team
- Develop ideas for improving the Access to Medicine Index and interventions going forward
Qualifications and profile
- Graduate degree in related discipline (business, finance, economics, global health, sustainability)
- At least 1 year working experience in the field of medicines in developing countries
- Proven interest in sustainability and responsible investing and business practices
- Having published on access to medicine, sustainable business, responsible investments, or pharmaceutical market in respected media is a plus.
- Experience working with financial databases is a plus
- Strong research and analytical skills to interpret and analyse large amounts of data, accurately, thoroughly and keeping to deadlines.
- Excellent business English oral and written skills
- Excellent organizational skills (for event planning, discussions, data management)
- Team player
- Willing to go the extra mile
Job title: Researcher
Location: Haarlem, the Netherlands
Closing date: 15 March 2015