Researcher at the Centre for Environmental Rights
The Centre for Environmental Rights is recruiting for a researcher for our Corporate Accountability & Transparency programme. This position is for a researcher with a passion for environmental rights and justice, with a particular interest in holding South African corporates accountable for their impact on the environment and environmental rights.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- An LLB and/or other relevant post-graduate qualification
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of corporate governance, disclosure and reporting
- Knowledge of sustainable and responsible investment initiatives and associated environmental, social and governance factors
- A commitment to high quality client service, and a passion for social and environmental justice
- conducting legal and other research in support of our work on corporate accountability and environmental justice in the business sector, aimed at compelling greater disclosure of and accountability for environmental impacts by the business sector through both incentives and enforcement;
- supporting engagement with the investor community and other market role players like the JSE and industry associations, and with leading corporates;
- assisting with the recording and sharing of learning for systemic change.
The salary offered will be dependent on the level of experience of the successful candidate.
The Centre for Environmental Rights strives to reflect South Africa’s racial, cultural and gender diversity within its staff complement. All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job title: Researcher
Location: Cape Town
Closing date: 7 March 2016