Headquarters in USA
Reynolds American website: www.reynoldsamerican.com
Reynolds American was formed in July 2004 from the merger of RJ Reynolds and Brown & Williamson. Brown & Williamson had been part of British American Tobacco (BAT); BAT is now a significant shareholder of Reynolds American.
Response rate: 100%
(click here for an explanation)
John Ruggie analyses power of multinational firms - aims to bridge gap between voluntary & binding approaches
Author: John Ruggie, Harvard University, Regulation & Governance (Australia)
"Multinationals as global institution: Power, authority and relative autonomy", 27 June 2017...
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple British American Tobacco Coca-Cola ExxonMobil General Electric Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Novartis Occidental Petroleum Philip Morris International Reynolds American RJ Reynolds (part of Reynolds American) Shell Sinopec Starbucks Statoil Total Toyota Unilever Walt Disney
Author: Jacob Gershman, Wall Street Journal (USA)
USA: Corporate Equality Index scores record number of companies full marks for having inclusive policies for LGBT workers
Author: Oxfam America
Supporters often tell us that it’s hard to understand how advocacy makes a difference in the lives of poor people. While the work takes time, it does have an impact. One groundbreaking report from Oxfam and a partner is changing the lives of...
- Related companies: Reynolds American
Author: BBC News
"RJ Reynolds told to pay wife of cancer victim $23.6bn", 20 Jul 2014...
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Includes correspondence with Altria, British American Tobacco, China National Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco, Japan Tobacco, Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group), Philip Morris International, Reynolds American & Universal Corporation]
- Related stories: USA: Children working on tobacco farms suffer from nicotine poisoning, Human Rights Watch report - includes video
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children
- Related companies: Alliance One Altria British American Tobacco Imperial Tobacco Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Philip Morris International Reynolds American Universal Corporation
Author: Kathryn Mobley, WFDD Radio (USA)
Farm labor activists want Reynolds American to fight on behalf of North Carolina’s tobacco workers...[About] 300 members of the Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC) protested outside Reynolds American [offices]...Inside, the annual shareholder's...