Author: Centre de Ressources sur les Entreprises et les Droits de l'Homme
Bienvenue à notre bulletin trimestriel sur la responsabilité juridique des entreprises, qui met en relief un sujet particulier tous les trimestres, de même que des développements importants en matière de responsabilité juridique des entreprises. La...
- Related stories: Bulletin trimestriel sur la responsabilité juridique des entreprises : Les communautés passent à l’action
- Related in-depth areas: Actualités Trimestrielles sur la Responsabilité Juridique des Entreprises Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) BHP (formerly BHP Billiton) BP Cargill Consórcio Norte Energia Impulsa Generación Responsable (IGR) Kewei Tongchuang (part of Nelson-Miller) KiK Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Odebrecht RCA (part of Thomson) Riwal Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) RWE Syngenta Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Thomson SA Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Vale Vedanta Resources Villaggio Mall Volkswagen Wineland-Thomson Adventures
Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin highlights actions by communities to hold companies accountable
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
"Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin - Issue 19, January 2016", 14 Jan 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Update Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Archer Daniels Midland BHP Billiton BP Cargill Consórcio Norte Energia Impulsa Generación Responsable (IGR) Kewei Tongchuang (part of Nelson-Miller) KiK Nestlé Occidental Petroleum Odebrecht RCA (part of Thomson) Riwal RWE Shell Syngenta Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Thomson SA Thomson Safaris (part of Wineland-Thomson Adventures) Vale Vedanta Resources Villaggio Mall Volkswagen Wineland-Thomson Adventures
In 2010, Al-Haq filed a complaint against Riwal in the Netherlands for its participation in constructing the separation wall that the International Court of Justice has ruled illegal. In May 2013, the Dutch Public Prosecutor dismissed the case.
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The goal of the Annual Briefing is to help a wide audience understand what has been happening in different parts of the world. First, it examines global trends in corporate legal accountability such as barriers to accessing judicial remedies;...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre launches its second annual briefing on corporate legal accountability Strategic lawsuits against public participation increasingly used by companies to silence human rights defenders, says journalist
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefings Latest Legal News Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Academi (formerly Blackwater) adidas African Barrick Gold (now Acacia) Alstom American Sugar Refining AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Anvil Mining (part of China Minmetals) Apple Arab Bank Barrick Gold BASF Blackwater Boliden BP CACI Chevron Chiquita Compagnie Minière de l'Ogooué (COMILOG) (part of ERAMET) Daimler Danzer Dow Chemical Drummond ERAMET ExxonMobil Ford Global Horizons Google (part of Alphabet) Hudbay Minerals IBM KBR Kenya Pipeline Company Ko Kong Sugar Lonmin Microsoft Nestlé Paltalk (part of AVM Software) Qosmos Rio Tinto Riwal Shell Signal International SNCF (Société Nationale des Chemins de Fer) Tate & Lyle Tate & Lyle Sugars (part of American Sugar Refining) Trafigura Beheer Vedanta Resources Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev) Vinci
Author: International Commission of Jurists, Geneva for Human Rights, FIAN & AL-Haq
This event will mark the fifth anniversary of the Human Rights Council adoption of the Framework “Protect, Respect and Remedy”, and the publication of the ICJ Report on “Corporate complicity in international crimes”. It will highlight the fact that the...
Author: Michael D. Goldhaber, Litigation Daily [USA]
On the first day of spring…I told a European audience in Paris why the law of U.S. corporate alien tort was about to wither. I expected to hear at the conference…about civil actions for corporate accountability taking root on the Continent. But I soon...
- Related stories: Amesys lawsuit (re Libya) Danzer Group & SIFORCO lawsuits (re Dem. Rep. Congo) Qosmos investigation (re Syria) Shell lawsuit (re Nigeria - Kiobel & Wiwa) Shell lawsuit (re oil pollution in Nigeria) Veolia & Alstom lawsuit (re Jerusalem rail project) Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Alstom AMESys (Advanced Middle East Systems, formerly Amesys (part of Bull)) Bull (part of Atos) Danzer Qosmos Riwal Shell Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Veolia Transport (now Transdev)
Today, the Dutch Public Prosecutor announced the decision to dismiss the case against Lima Holding B.V., Riwal's parent company, for involvement in Israeli war crimes...According to the complaint, filed in 2010 in the Netherlands by Advocate Liesbeth...
- Related stories: Riwal lawsuit (re separation wall between Israel & Palestine)
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine
- Related companies: Riwal