Investors representing $1.3 trillion call on govts to make human rights due diligence mandatory throughout investment lifecycle
On 25 March 2019, the Investor Alliance for Human Rights (IAHR) on behalf of a group of investors representing $1.3 trillion in assets called for enhanced investor due diligence to address environmental, social and governance risks, including human...
Author: Investor Platform for Climate Actions
Dear G20 Leaders:...
- Related stories: 130 investors sign letter calling on G20 to take steps to meet Paris climate agreement
- Related companies: Aegon AMP Group Australian Ethical Investment Aviva AXA BNP Paribas BT Danske Bank Dragon Capital Group Friends Provident Henderson Global Investors (part of AMP Group) HSBC Mn Services Natixis Nordea Bank Old Mutual PGGM Robeco Russell Investments Trillium Corporation
Author: UN Global Compact
As a key agent of change, companies can make a critical contribution to economic development, peace and stability in the areas where they operate...Companies provide jobs and revenue to a local economy. They can set an example of sustainable business...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace Peacebuilding
- Related companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk APG Arcelor (now ArcelorMittal) Bavaria (part of SABMiller) China Development Bank Eni F&C Asset Management Holcim Interconexión Eléctrica (part of ISA Group) ISA Group LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Movistar (part of Telefónica) Nestlé Pacific Rubiales Energy PGGM Robeco SABMiller Safaricom SEB Shell Telefónica
Author: Sophia Grene, Financial Times
On paper, the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment look successful...However, there is a gap between signing up to a set of principles that state...that one’s investments should not infringe human rights or worsen climate change...and doing...
Author: Beco, Human [email protected], Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
This publication['s]...main goal is to give insight into the current status of the implementation of the guidelines in the Netherlands, and to provide further ideas and inspiration. The publication pays attention to the importance of human rights for...
[PDF] Investor Statement in support of the work of Professor John Ruggie, UN Secretary-General’s Special Representative on Business & Human Rights
Author: 19 investment firms, pension funds & other socially responsible investment orgs.
The undersigned investors wish to express their support for the nearly completed work of the...[UN] Special Representative...on Business & Human Rights, Professor John Ruggie. This statement is signed by 19 investors...that collectively represent...
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: APG Robeco
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor
Institutional shareholders have welcomed an announcement by Shell…that it plans to limit top executives’ pay and include sustainable development as a significant part of performance bonuses…Erik Breen, head of responsible investment at Robeco...
- Related stories: Nigeria: Report on Shell’s environmental & social impacts, based on case studies by NGOs working with Niger Delta communities
- Related companies: Robeco Shell
Author: Steve Johnson, Financial Times
Scores of listed companies are failing to honour their commitments to be more transparent about their activities, according to a coalition of investors with $1,800bn (£1,150bn, €1,322bn) under management. The grouping says 86 public companies that...