Headquarters in Switzerland
Switzerland: Council of States to decide on binding human rights protection for Swiss co. & their supply chains
Author: Juliane Kippenberg, Human Rights Watch
'A brilliant opportunity for the gold sector', 12 Feb 2019...
Author: Human Rights Watch
“Día de San Valentín: Contaminadas las cadenas de suministro del sector de la joyería”, 8 de febrero de 2018...
Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
The report “The Hidden Cost of Jewelry” by Human Rights Watch documents labour rights violations, child labour and poor working conditions caused by toxic chemicals in gold and diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands. The report scrutinizes...
Author: Human Rights Watch
[Anmerkung: Das Business & Human Rights Resource Centre hat die in dem Bericht genannten Schmuckhersteller um eine Stellungnahme gebeten. Mehr dazu, sowie die Antworten der Unternehmen finden Sie hier.]...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Rohstoffe
- Related companies: Aber Diamond Boodle & Dunthorne Bulgari Cartier (part of Richemont) Chopard Christ Harry Winston (part of Swatch) Kalyan Jewellers Pandora Group Richemont Rolex Signet Jewelers Tanishq (part of Titan Industries) Titan Industries (joint venture Tata Group & Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation) Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ)
- Related stories: Report by Human Rights Watch alleges labour rights abuses & child labour in gold & diamond supply chains of global jewellery brands; incl. co responses
- This is a response from the following companies: Rolex
Rolex did not respond to: No Dirty Gold campaign calls on 8 “laggard” jewellery retailers to sign on to social & environmental standards on gold sourcing
- Related stories: Letter to Jewelry Retailer "Laggards" from the No Dirty Gold Campaign
- This is a non response from the following companies: Rolex
Eight of the World’s Leading Jewelry Retailers Urge Mining Industry To Clean Up 'Dirty' Gold - No Dirty Gold campaign applauds jewelry industry leaders on Valentine’s Day
Author: Oxfam America
For the first time ever, eight of the world’s top jewelry retailers have pledged to move away from “dirty” gold sales and are calling on mining corporations to ensure that gold is produced in more socially and environmentally responsible ways. The...
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain/"Fair trade" - an introduction
- Related companies: Berkshire Hathaway Cartier (part of Richemont) Fortunoff Fred Meyer Jewelers (part of Kroger) Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) J.C. Penney Jostens Kay Jewelers (part of Signet) Kmart (part of Sears) Kroger Liberty Media Piaget (part of Richemont) QVC (part of Liberty Media) Richemont Rolex Sears Signet Jewelers Sterling (part of Signet) Van Cleef & Arpels (part of Richemont) Walmart Whitehall Jewellers