Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Netherlands
Author: Brian Melley, Claims Journal
"Big Oil Loses Appeal, Climate Suits Go to California Courts," 28 May 2020...
- Related stories: California communities’ lawsuit against 37 fossil fuel companies (re climate change compensation)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Apache ConocoPhillips (Phillips Petroleum) Eni ExxonMobil Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Royal Dutch Shell (Shell)
UK court rejects jurisdiction in $1.1 billion case against Shell & Eni for corruption in Nigeria, related case continues in Italy
"UK court throws out Nigerian oil corruption case against Shell, Eni" 22 May 2020...
Fossil fuel companies get included in COVID-19 stimulus packages & are lobbying for suspension of environmental laws, as crack-down on activists & workers continues
Author: Open Democracy
"DemocracyWatch: journalists and dissidents arrested in COVID crackdowns", 22 Apr 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Human rights defenders & civic freedoms
- Related companies: BP Royal Dutch Shell (Shell) Total
Author: Emily Holden, The Guardian
A massive deepwater oil spill is nearly as likely today as it was in 2010, experts warn... and has been made more likely by the Trump administration’s decision to loosen Obama-era safety rules... Outside of safety concerns, the scientific community is...
- Related stories: USA: Ten years after Deepwater Horizon oil spill, advocates highlight long-term health, environmental & economic impacts
- Related companies: ExxonMobil Shell
Author: Nathan Nwakamma, Sundiata Post (Nigeria)
‘Shell’s Oil Well 13 in Angiama, Bayelsa traced to equipment failure- Community leader’ 9 April 2020...
Nigeria: Still no solution in sight for victims of the oil spills & poisoning continues; investigation reveals
Author: Ruth Olurounbi and Kelechukwu Iruoma, The Cable (Nigeria)
‘Silent killer: How oil spill pollution is poisoning Nigerians’ 23 March 2020...
Author: Maysa Zorob & Andrea Hearon, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre & Thomas Istasse, Advocates for International Development
Communities and individuals across the globe whose livelihoods and natural resources are harmed or threatened by business operations are using environmental litigation as a key strategic tool to assert their human rights. The past decade has seen a...
Author: Maysa Zorob y Andrea Hearon (Business & Human Rights Resource Centre) y Thomas Istasse (Advocates for International Development)
"La sociedad civil es fundamental en el litigio ambiental para que las empresas rindan cuentas", 17 de marzo de 2020 ...
Author: Dana Drugmand, Desmog (USA)
"‘Fossil Fuel Companies Knew’: Honolulu Files Lawsuit Over Climate Impacts", 9 Mar 2020...