Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Russia
RUSAL website: www.rusal.com
Author: UN Global Compact
The policy on Communication on Progress (COP), introduced in 2003, was designed to increase transparency around Global Compact companies and their actions in support of the ten principles. Companies are asked to communicate publicly on their progress...
- Related companies: ABN Amro Accor Aditya Birla Group Aéroports de Paris (ADP) Alcatel (now Alcatel-Lucent) Allianz Anglo American Aviva BASF BBVA BHP Billiton BOC Group (part of Linde) BP BT Carrefour CDO Foodsphere Central Warehousing Corporation Chennai Petroleum Corporation Cisco Systems Companhia Paranaense de Energia (COPEL) DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Danisco Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Diageo EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) EDF Empresas CMPC Epson (part of Seiko) Equals International Ericsson Eskom France Telecom (now Orange) Gaz de France (part of GDF Suez) Grupo Nueva Grupo OHL Grupo Pao de Acucar - Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao H&M Hindustan Paper Corporation Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) HP (Hewlett-Packard) ICI Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Indian Oil Corporation Indo Gulf Fertilisers (part of Aditya Birla Group) Infosys Interros ISS ITP Group (Industria de Turbo Propulsores) John Ward Ceylon Ketchum Konkan Railway La Poste Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Lagardère Linde Group Mabuhay Vinyl Mansour Group National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) NBCC Nestlé Nike Norsk Hydro Norske Skog Novartis Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Novozymes NTPC Pearson Pentland Group Petrobras Pfizer Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Pressalit Group PricewaterhouseCoopers PSA Peugeot-Citroën Publicis RCF (Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers) Renault Repsol YPF RGS Ricoh RUSAL Saint-Gobain SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) Sasol Seiko Serendip Productions Severn Trent Shell Société Générale Sofiyska Voda Stora Enso Suez Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Talisman Tata Motors (part of Tata Group) Telefónica Textil Santanderina TNT (part of TPG) Toshiba Total Unaxis Unilever Unimasters Logistics Group UPM Vacsera Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Vijayadeep Laboratories Volkswagen Volvo Car (part of Geely) West LB Westpac Winsome Group Wisekey
Author: Metal Supply and Sales [Russia]
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed today between RUSAL ALSCON, the Akwa Ibom State Government and Local Community Groups. Under the terms of the MOU, UC RUSAL ALSCON has committed to providing support in such areas as education, healthcare...
- Related companies: RUSAL
Author: Robin Paxton and Anastasia Teterevieva, Moscow Times
Norilsk Nickel was named in a 4.35 billion ruble ($178 million) pollution lawsuit filed by the Natural Resources Ministry's environmental watchdog on Wednesday in its largest-ever claim against a metals company...Stemming from the alleged pollution of...
Author: BBC News
Two people have been shot dead by security forces during a protest against a Russian company mining bauxite in Guinea, witnesses have said... The mining company, Rusal, denies accusations that it failed to honour an agreement to provide public...
Author: Reuters Africa
At least one person was killed when police in Guinea cleared protesters from a railway carrying bauxite for Russian aluminium company RUSAL, police and industry sources said on Friday... Local residents demanding mains electricity and regular running...
- Related companies: RUSAL
Au moins deux personnes ont été tuées...en Guinée dans une région minière et 12 blessées...[Ils] dénonçaient le "non respect" d'accords signés en 1984 entre la Compagnie des bauxites de Kindia (CBK) et les autorités locales, qui prévoyaient l...
Author: East Europe Foundation
...UC RUSAL's Centre for Social Projects in Mykolaiv has announced the results of its 100 Best Projects competition for children, which encourages children and teachers to be proactive in their communities…UC RUSAL provided more than UAH 100 thsd ...
- Related companies: RUSAL
Author: United Nations Global Compact
Conflict affects a society at all levels…business has an interest in promoting peace and development, two main objectives of the United Nations…what is the scope of the private sector’s contribution in conflict prevention, post-conflict reconstruction...
- Related stories: United Nations Global Compact: "Guide on How to Develop a Human Rights Policy"
- Related in-depth areas: Guidance tools for business International organizations Latest news on conflict & peace Post-conflict reconstruction and reconciliation Tools & Guidance UN Global Compact work stream on "Business and Peace"
- Related companies: Arcelor Mittal BP Coca-Cola Dick Smith Foods Komatsu Newmont Petrobras PricewaterhouseCoopers RUSAL Safaricom Satemwa Sumitomo Chemical (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Group Talisman
We confirm that the Bauxite Company of Guyana Inc dismissed 57 people in 2009. The dismissal was completed in full compliance with the legislation of Guyana and The Ministry of Labour of Guyana were in proper time informed of the layoff. In relation...
- Related stories: Guyana: Concerns that treatment of workers by Bauxite Company of Guyana Inc (part of Rusal) "does not reflect Rusal's commitment to the UN Global Compact"
- This is a response from the following companies: RUSAL