Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in Germany
New Annual Briefing on legal accountability: Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change
This year's Corporate Legal Accountability Annual Briefing explores the rising trend of climate litigation brought against companies. Turning up the heat: Corporate legal accountability for climate change examines the opportunities and challenges for ...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Center
"Informe de Responsabilidad Legal Empresarial 2018" 6 de junio de 2018...
- Related companies: American Petroleum Institute Anadarko Apache Arch Coal BP Chevron Citgo Petroleum (part of PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela)) ConocoPhillips Devon Energy EnCana Equinor (formerly Statoil) ExxonMobil Hess Corporation Marathon Oil Marathon Petroleum Occidental Petroleum Peabody Energy Phillips 66 Repsol Rio Tinto RWE Shell Suncor Total
Philippines: Greenpeace activists unfurl banner at Shell refinery as reminder to attend hearings on the responsibility of "carbon majors" for climate-related human rights harms
Author: Tina Ganzon Ozaeta, The Manila Times
"Greenpeace activists invade Shell's wharf," 23 February 2018...
Author: Megan Darby, Climate Home News
Campaigners will take their battle to block Arctic oil drilling to Norway’s supreme court, they announced on Monday....
- Related stories: Norway: Court dismisses climate lawsuit against the Gvt. regarding Arctic oil drilling licenses
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Climate change litigation Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Chevron ExxonMobil RWE Statoil
Author: El Espectador (Colombia)
“100 compañías emiten 71% de los gases responsables del cambio climático”, 15 de diciembre de 2017...
- This is a response from the following companies: A.P. Moller - Maersk Group Abu Dhabi National Oil Co Adaro Energy Alliance Resource Partners LP Alpha Natural Resources Anadarko Apache Arch Coal Bahrain Petroleum Co (BAPCO) Banpu BHP Billiton BP Bukit Asam (Persero) Bumi Resources Canadian Natural Resources Chesapeake Energy Chevron China Coal Energy (part of China National Coal Group) China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Petroleum & Chemical (see Sinopec) Cloud Peak Energy CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coal India (CIL) ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Devon Energy Drummond Ecopetrol Egyptian General Petroleum EnCana EOG Resources Equinor (formerly Statoil) Exxaro ExxonMobil Gazprom Glencore Hess Corporation Husky Energy Indika Energy INPEX Iraq National Oil Company KazMunayGas Kideco Jaya Agung Kuwait Petroleum Corporation Lukoil Marathon Oil Murphy Oil Murray Energy NACCO Industries National Iranian Oil Co National Oil Corporation of Libya Natural Resource Partners L.P Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Noble Energy Novatek Occidental Petroleum Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (see ONGC) OMV PDVSA (Petróleos de Venezuela) Peabody Energy Pemex Pertamina Peter Kiewit Sons Petoro AS Petrobras Petroecuador Petroleum Development Oman LLC Petronas Qatar Petroleum Repsol Rio Tinto Rosneft Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Russian Coal RWE Sasol Saudi Aramco Singareni Collieries Company Sonangol Sonatrach Southwestern Energy Suncor Surgutneftegas Syrian Petroleum Co Tatneft Teck Resources Total TurkmenGaz Turkmennebit Vistra Energy Westmoreland Coal Co YPF