Headquarters in United Kingdom
Sainsbury website: http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk
New report looks at reporting progress under the UK Modern Slavery Act; finds need for better enforcement
Author: Ergon Associates
"Modern slavery reporting: Is there evidence of progress?", October 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on modern slavery & forced labour
- Related companies: Aldi Alphabet Apple ASOS Associated British Foods Balfour Beatty British American Tobacco Co-operative Group Google (part of Alphabet) Intel InterContinental Hotels John Lewis Partnership Marks & Spencer Marshalls Morrisons Nestlé Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Rio Tinto Sainsbury's Standard Chartered Ted Baker Tesco TSB Walgreen Whistles
Author: Oxfam International
...Inequality is rampant across the global economy, and the agro‐food sector is no exception. At the top, big supermarkets4 and other corporate food giants dominate global food markets, allowing them to squeeze value from vast supply chains that span...
Author: Oxfam Germany
...A new Supermarkets Scorecard developed by Oxfam rates some of the biggest and fastest growing supermarkets in Germany...on the strength of their publicly available policies and reported practices to address human rights and social sustainability...
Author: Oxfam GB
... In the UK, the grocery sector is one of the most diverse and sophisticated in the world, worth nearly £185bn per year... Supermarkets have delivered low prices, unparalleled year-round choice and ‘just in time’ convenience to many consumers in ...
Oxfam has assessed 16 large supermarkets across the US and Europe on their policies and practices in their food supply chains. Oxfam looked at the transparency of their supply chains, treatment of small-scale farmers and women workers in their supply...
Author: Oxfam International and the Sustainable Seafood Alliance Indonesia
... Our interviews with workers on Thai fishing vessels... suggest that forced labour and other appalling employment practices are still in use. Our findings echo those of other recent reports, meaning that supermarkets sourcing shrimp and other...
- Related stories: Oxfam scores US and European supermarkets on food supply chains
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Fishing
- Related companies: Ahold Delhaize Albertsons Aldi Nord Aldi Süd Costco Edeka Group Jumbo Kroger Lidl Morrisons Plus REWE-Group Sainsbury's Tesco Walmart Whole Foods Market
Suppliers evaluate textile companies' responsible purchasing practices in Better Buying Purchasing Practices Index Report
Author: Better Buying
Better Buying Index Report Spring 2018, 22 May 2018...
- Related companies: 360 Sweater Company Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry C&A Canada Pooch Cato Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Children's Place Debenhams Destination Maternity Dimensions (part of Tailored Brands) Edinburgh Woollen Mill Fashion Pool GmbH Fenix Group Gap Giorgio Armani Hakro Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Helly Hansen Hobbs House of Fraser Inditex J. Crew J.C. Penney JP Boden & Co Karen Millen Kate Spade & Company Kohl's L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Macy's Mammut Sports Group Mark's/L'Équipeur Work Wearhouse (part of Canadian Tire) Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Pretty Green PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Rapha Racing Reiss Sainsbury's Sportsgirl Strategic Partners Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Talbots Target Tesco The White Company Tommy Bahama Group Uber A/S Urban Outfitters VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates Walmart Whistles White Stuff
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Paper finds severe labour exploitation in Spanish & Italian agricultural supply chains; reflects on potential action co's can take
Author: Cecilia Barral Diego & Lisa Szeponik, Loening - Human Rights & Responsible Business
Germany is the main market destination for Spanish and Italian exportations in the processed food market, with a particular focus on the fruit and vegetable sector. In crop year 2016/2017, Germany bought from Spain almost 2.0 billion kilograms of...
Aldi’s seafood offering to UK customers consisted of 79% certified sustainable sources, according to the MSC, ahead of Sainsbury’s (76%) and fellow discount supermarket Lidl (72%). The findings show that supermarkets are collectively selling more...