Sakhalin Energy: Community Liaison Organisation
Author: Sakhalin Energy, Published on: 29 March 2016
In line with international best practices, Sakhalin Energy set up a Community Liaison Organisation that aims at establishing and promoting mutual understanding and good-neighbour relations with local communities, government institutions, and other stakeholders on Sakhalin Island.
Dedicated specialists will be involved in all aspects of the interaction between the company and the wider community. The specialists will:
- provide assistance and support for the implementation of the Sakhalin-2 project at local level;
- liaise with representatives of municipal authorities;
- establish efficient communication channels between Sakhalin Energy and its stakeholders;
- directly handle complaints as set out in the Public Grievance procedure;
- communicate changes in the community profile to key Sakhalin Energy target groups;
- oversee the implementation of company’s social projects;
- explain to communities both the requirements and standards of Sakhalin Energy.