Headquarters in South Korea
Samsung website: www.samsung.com
Author: Dr Raj Aseervatham, Business and Human Rights Journal
For child labour in the cobalt supply chain... the most effective remedy landscape begins with proactive and strategic socio-economic marginalisation of the problem, and how businesses can play a major role... Nearly 60% of the world’s known cobalt...
Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
Author: Servimedia, EcoDiario (España)
“Amnistía denuncia que baterías de móviles y coches eléctricos proceden del trabajo infantil”, 15 de Noviembre de 2017...
Author: Alasdair Wilkins, Inverse Innovation
Apple and Google have topped newly released rankings for their work ensuring the minerals used in their products don’t come from war zones...[in]...the Enough Project’s 2017 report......
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart
Author: Mark Dummett, Time (US)
...[S]ome electric cars are not, currently, as ethically “clean” as manufacturers would have us believe. [A key component of the rechargeable lithium-ion batteries on which electric cars run is cobalt.] Amnesty International’s research has shown that...
- Related stories: Electro-mobility & resource governance: NGOs urge carmakers to take responsibility for social & environmental costs of electric vehicles USA: Tesla faces federal labour board complaint over alleged interference with workers' right to unionise
- Related companies: Apple HP (Hewlett-Packard) Huawei Technologies Huayou Cobalt Samsung Samsung SDI (part of Samsung) Sony
2017 Corporate Accountability Index on digital rights reveals cos. do not disclose enough information to users
Author: Ranking Digital Rights (USA)
"Ranking Digital Rights: 2017 Corporate Accountability Index", 20 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Ranking Digital Rights: Internet & telecommunications companies ranked on freedom of expression & privacy
- Related in-depth areas: Digital freedom Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Verizon Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)