Headquarters in South Korea
Samsung website: www.samsung.com
Indonesia: Mighty Earth petitions Samsung to stop partnership with Korindo group; concerns raised about company's environment and human rights record
"Samsung under fire for partnership with forest-burning Korindo," 25 August 2017...
NGO Commentary: Korean govt's response to UNWG visit fails to acknowledge poor labour conditions and negative health impacts of companies
Author: Correspondence NGO group of the UN Working Group’s visit to Korea, Korean House for International Solidarity (Republic of Korea)
"Comment: The government’s response to UN Working Group’s Korea visit report does not reflect the Korean reality", 11 June 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: South Korea, 23 May - 1 Jun 2016
- Related companies: Asahi Glass Fine Techno Korea Busan Transportation Corporation Daewoo International (part of Posco) GTS Korea Hyundai Heavy Industries Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Hyundai Steel Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Lotte Co. Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation Posco Samsung Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation SK Corporation Yoosung Enterprise Co.
South Korea: Report asserts that Samsung and LG Electronics should take responsibility for acute methanol poisoning of workers in third-tier suppliers – companies respond
…We feel very unfortunate regarding the incidents of acute methanol poisoning that occurred at our third-tier suppliers in Korea in early 2016. However, we would like to explain several aspects to properly contextualize this issue. Importantly,...
- Related stories: South Korea: Report asserts that Samsung and LG Electronics should take responsibility for acute methanol poisoning of workers in third-tier suppliers – companies respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Samsung
Electric carmakers need to take more responsibility for mining of raw materials, says researcher at Amnesty Intl.
Author: Karl West, The Guardian
Britain last week joined France in pledging to ban sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040... [T]he road to a promised land of zero-emission vehicles is littered with speed bumps... Battery makers are struggling to secure supplies of key ingredients...
New documentary exposing hazardous working conditions in Samsung Electronics premiers at South Korea's National Assembly
Author: stopsamsung (South Korea)
"A Documentary On Samsung Cluster Victims Premieres at S. Korea’s National Assembly", 26 June 2017...
- Related companies: Samsung
Author: UN Working Group on business & human rights
The Working Group welcomes the Government’s commitment to the Guiding Principles and the topic of business and human rights. It emphasizes the importance of moving from commitment to action and embedding the Guiding Principles in all commercial and...
2017 Corporate Accountability Index evaluates 22 companies on their commitments to freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
"Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index", 23 Mar 2017...