Headquarters in South Korea
Samsung website: www.samsung.com
Author: Ranking Digital Rights (USA)
"Poor Digital Rights Performance - Who Pays the Price?", 20 Sep 2017...
- Related stories: Ranking Digital Rights: Internet & telecommunications companies ranked on freedom of expression & privacy
- Related in-depth areas: Digital freedom Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Verizon Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
New report highlights UN Sustainable Development Goals-related risks for businesses, recommends solutions
Author: Vaidehi Shah, Eco-Business (Singapore)
"Why failure to achieve the SDGs is bad news for business", 19 Sep 2017...
On 12 September 2017, the European Parliament adopted a resolution which “calls on the Commission and encourages Member States to seek ways to enable parties having a public interest stake to access, subject to appropriate justification and upon a r...
Indonesia: Mighty Earth petitions Samsung to stop partnership with Korindo group; concerns raised about company's environment and human rights record
"Samsung under fire for partnership with forest-burning Korindo," 25 August 2017...
NGO Commentary: Korean govt's response to UNWG visit fails to acknowledge poor labour conditions and negative health impacts of companies
Author: Correspondence NGO group of the UN Working Group’s visit to Korea, Korean House for International Solidarity (Republic of Korea)
"Comment: The government’s response to UN Working Group’s Korea visit report does not reflect the Korean reality", 11 June 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: South Korea, 23 May - 1 Jun 2016
- Related companies: Asahi Glass Fine Techno Korea Busan Transportation Corporation Daewoo International (part of Posco) GTS Korea Hyundai Heavy Industries Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Hyundai Steel Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Lotte Co. Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation Posco Samsung Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation SK Corporation Yoosung Enterprise Co.
South Korea: Report asserts that Samsung and LG Electronics should take responsibility for acute methanol poisoning of workers in third-tier suppliers – companies respond
…We feel very unfortunate regarding the incidents of acute methanol poisoning that occurred at our third-tier suppliers in Korea in early 2016. However, we would like to explain several aspects to properly contextualize this issue. Importantly, SAMSUNG...
- Related stories: South Korea: Report asserts that Samsung and LG Electronics should take responsibility for acute methanol poisoning of workers in third-tier suppliers – companies respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Samsung
Electric carmakers need to take more responsibility for mining of raw materials, says researcher at Amnesty Intl.
Author: Karl West, The Guardian
Britain last week joined France in pledging to ban sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040... [T]he road to a promised land of zero-emission vehicles is littered with speed bumps... Battery makers are struggling to secure supplies of key ingredients in...
New documentary exposing hazardous working conditions in Samsung Electronics premiers at South Korea's National Assembly
Author: stopsamsung (South Korea)
"A Documentary On Samsung Cluster Victims Premieres at S. Korea’s National Assembly", 26 June 2017...
- Related companies: Samsung