Member of UN Global Compact
Headquarters in South Africa
Author: Nonkululeko Njilo, Times Live (South Africa)
‘SA's 'major polluters' told to release crucial greenhouse gas emissions data’ 9 April 2020...
Author: Tracey Davies, Ground Up (South Africa)
‘Covid-19 shows us that executive pay cuts are possible’ 16 April 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Absa First National Bank [So. Africa] (part of FirstRand) Mr Price Nedbank (Nedcor) Old Mutual Pick n Pay Prudential Financial Sanlam Sappi Sibanye-Stillwater Standard Bank Vodacom Woolworths Group
KnowTheChain assessed 39 of the largest publicly listed companies in the paper and forestry and home furnishing retail sectors on their efforts to address forced labour risks in their supply chains, based on publicly disclosed information. The findings...
- Related stories: KnowTheChain: Ranking companies' efforts to address forced labour in their supply chains
- Related companies: Aaron's Inc Ahlstrom-Munksjö Oyj Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Bed Bath & Beyond Canfor Corporation Domtar Duratex SA Empresas CMPC Fibria Floor & Decor Holdings Inc Holmen Home Depot Home Product Center Public Company Limited Howden Joinery Group Plc International Paper Kingfisher Lee and Man Paper Manufacturing Limited Louisiana-Pacific Lowe's Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Mondi (part of Anglo American) Nine Dragons Paper Nippon Paper Industries Co Ltd Nitori Holdings Co Ltd Norbord Inc Oji Paper Sappi Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd Siam Global House Public Company Limited Stella-Jones Inc Stora Enso Suzano Papel e Celulose The Navigator Company SA UPM Via Varejo SA West Fraser Timber Co Ltd WestRock Weyerhaeuser Williams Sonoma
Author: Open Global Rights
“Las tecnologías de cadena de bloques aportan una transparencia que podría mejorar las prácticas de derechos humanos”, 24 de enero de 2019...
Author: Dean Pinkert, James Ton-that & Ravi Soopramanien, OpenGlobalRights
Blockchains are generating excitement across industries due to their potential to improve supply chain transparency. Less well known is their capacity to help companies conform to supply chain integrity commitments required by the United Nations...
So. Africa: Study finds that many companies listed on JSE's Sustainability Index flout environmental laws
Author: Alide Dasnois, GroundUp
'Some of SA's top companies are quietly breaking the law', 8 Sep 2015: Some of the top companies on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange are flouting environmental laws and not telling their shareholders, according to a study by the Centre for Environmental...
Author: Emma Wilson, Intl. Institute for Environment & Development, for The Forests Dialogue
This discussion paper explores the potential for addressing conflict in the forest sector through the use of company-led tools and mechanisms... The paper offers examples of tools and approaches that are being employed by companies and non-industry...
- Related stories: Report urges companies in forest sector to take the lead in resolving conflicts with local people
- Related in-depth areas: Peacebuilding
- Related companies: Anglo American APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) DLH (Dalhoff Larsen & Horneman) Forest Enterprises Australia (FEA) Great Southern Gunns Mondi (part of Anglo American) Norske Skog PricewaterhouseCoopers Sappi Stora Enso Timberlands
Several big firms, such as Eskom, De Beers, the world's biggest diamond producer, and miner Anglo American have in the past few years stepped up efforts to test their workers for HIV, and treat infected staff -- in a bid to save their bottom lines.....
Author: I-Net Bridge [So. Africa]
[So. Africa]: Sappi agreed to the sale of the 2,200 hectare farm as part of its long- standing strategy to create empowerment opportunities at grass roots level in the communities where it operates...The sale of the property, recently acquired by Sappi...
- Related companies: Sappi