Headquarters in USA
Sara Lee website: www.saralee.com
[PDF] Sustainability Issues in the Tea Sector: A Comparative Analysis of Six Leading Producing Countries
Author: Sanne van der Wal, Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO)
In this report, SOMO is presenting for the first time…a…comparative analysis on social, economic and ecological conditions in the tea sector in 6 of the most important tea-producing countries: India, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Indonesia, Kenya and Malawi…The...
Author: Yolanda Young, former staff attorney at Covington & Burling, in Huffington Post [USA]
...[A] staff attorney position at Covington & Burling...[was a] great opportunity...to experience the race/power dynamic firsthand... Staff attorneys are non-partner track lawyers who handle the menial legal tasks...that [partner-track] associates...
- Related stories: USA: Former Covington & Burling staff attorney accuses law firm of "segregation reminiscent of Jim Crow"
- Related companies: Covington & Burling Sara Lee
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index...was devised with corporate diversity leaders, GLBT workplace advocates and employees to provide employers with a roadmap to creating fair workplaces. Each year, we have seen tremendous...
- Related stories: USA: Report by Human Rights Campaign finds growth in company policies for gay & transgender workers
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Adobe Systems Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices Aegon Aetna Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcatel-Lucent Allegheny Energy Alliant Energy Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com American Electric Power American Express Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applebee's International Aramark Archer Daniels Midland AstraZeneca AT&T AutoZone Avaya Aventis (now part of Sanofi-Aventis) Avis Budget Avon Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Best Buy BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Borders BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Calpine Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capital One Cargill Carlson Caterpillar CBRL Group Cerner Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMP Media (part of United Business Media) CNA Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Compass Group ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Cravath Swaine & Moore Credit Suisse CSX Cummins CVS Dana Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Diageo Dole Dominion Resources Dorsey & Whitney Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Kodak Edison International Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Entergy Enterprise Products Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx Fifth Third Bank Ford Freddie Mac Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap Gateway Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Giant Food (part of Ahold) Gibson GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs Google Hallmark Cards Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz Heller Ehrman Herman Miller Hershey Hewitt Associates Hilton Hoffmann-La Roche (part of Roche) Holland & Knight Home Depot Honeywell Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Illinois Tool Works ING Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente Kellogg's KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean LaSalle Bank (part of ABN Amro) Lear Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Macy's Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDermott McDonald's McGraw-Hill McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Morgan Stanley Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Grid Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Nike Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Novartis Office Depot OfficeMax Olivia Companies Omnicom Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Owens Corning Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Powell Goldstein PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Enterprises Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reebok (part of adidas) Reliant Energy Replacements Ltd. Reuters (part of Thomson Reuters) Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryland Safeco Safeway (USA) SAP Sara Lee SC Johnson Schering-Plough Seagate Technology Sears Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shell Sidley Austin Brown & Wood Sodexo Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Supervalu T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Texas Instruments Tiffany Time Warner Toyota Toys R Us UBS Unilever Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United Technologies UnumProvident US Airways US Bancorp Verizon Viacom Visa International Visteon Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Worldspan WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! Zurich
[PDF] full report: “The State of the Workplace for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Americans 2006-2007”
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
Gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and their families are valued in the American workplace now more than ever before. And inclusive non-discrimination policies and benefits for GLBT employees and their families are essential for...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign reports major increase in workplace protections for gay, transgender employees
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products AK Steel Albertsons LLC Alcoa Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express American Standard AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Aramark Archer Daniels Midland ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland AT&T AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond BellSouth (now AT&T) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster Bluelinx BNY Mellon Boeing Borders BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Burlington Resources (part of ConocoPhillips) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Caterpillar CBS CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cinergy (now Duke Energy) Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Cosco Costco Cox Enterprises CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dominion Resources Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge Engelhard (part of BASF) Entergy Enterprise Products Estée Lauder Exelon ExxonMobil Family Dollar Federal-Mogul Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) FedEx Fifth Third Bank First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fluor Foot Locker Ford FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Heinz Hershey Hilton Home Depot Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana Huntsman IKON Illinois Tool Works Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kellogg's Kelly Services Kerr-McGee (now part of Anadarko) KeySpan Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (part of Kinder Morgan Inc.) Kohl's Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) Lyondell (part of Access Industries) ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel Maytag McDonald's McGraw-Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mirant Mohawk Industries Monsanto Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines Nucor Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Peabody Energy Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Phelps Dodge (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reliant Energy Reynolds American Rite Aid Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Ryland Safeco Safeway (USA) Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy ServiceMaster Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Solectron Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Standard Pacific Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Target Temple-Inland Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toll Brothers Toys R Us Tribune Company TXU Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnumProvident UPS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie WPS Resources Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox Yahoo! YUM!
Author: Climate Counts
The Climate Counts Company Scorecard provides consumers with an objective, balanced way to gauge which companies are seriously committed to reversing climate change—and which ones are not...Our full scorecard ranks 56 companies in eight major consumer...
- Related stories: Non-profit "Climate Counts" ranks 56 companies on climate change performance
- Related companies: Amazon.com Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Apple Avon Burger King Canon CBS Clorox Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive ConAgra Danone Darden Restaurants eBay Gap General Electric General Motors Google Hitachi HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Jones Group Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kraft Foods Levi Strauss Limited Brands Liz Claiborne McDonald's Microsoft Molson Coors Motorola Nestlé News Corporation Nike Nokia PepsiCo Procter & Gamble SABMiller Samsung Sara Lee Siemens Sony Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Time Warner Toshiba Unilever VF Corp Viacom Walt Disney Wendy's YUM!
China's proposed labour law reform: concerns about US & European industry association lobbying; company responses & non-responses
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited several US & European companies to respond to concerns about the positions taken by industry associations regarding China's proposed labour law reform....
- Related stories: China's proposed new labour laws meet opposition from US business (New York Times) China: Global Labor Strategies report follows up on lobbying by intl. firms & US business groups on draft labour law Response by US-China Business Council to Global Labor Strategies report that raised concerns about its opposition to aspects of China's labour law reform - & Global Labor Strategies response Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Apparel & textile China China labour law reform Corporate lobbying allegedly undermining union rights
- Related companies: ABB AT&T Carrefour DuPont Ericsson General Electric Google Intel Maersk (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk) Microsoft Nike Nokia Procter & Gamble PSA Peugeot-Citroën Sara Lee Shell Tesco Total UPS Walmart Walt Disney