Headquarters in USA
SC Johnson -- a manufacturer of household products including Windex, Pledge, and Ziploc -- has announced a commitment to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 5% per year through 2005, as part of the Pew Center on Global Climate Change’s Business...
- Related companies: SC Johnson
Author: SC Johnson
- Related companies: SC Johnson
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development
Doing business with the poor: A field guide...explores how several companies are starting to break into an untapped market of over four billion potential customers in ways that benefit both the poor and the company. [refers to Eskom, Grupo Nueva, BP,...
Author: Human Rights Campaign
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) released its third annual Corporate Equality Index, a report card listing the "best and worst" firms for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender employees...The number of firms with perfect scores doubled since the 2003...
- Related companies: Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Altria American Airlines American Express Amgen Apple Aramark AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb BB&T Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Booz Allen Hamilton Borders Capital One Cargill Charles Schwab ChoicePoint Chubb Group Circuit City Cisco Systems Citigroup Clear Channel Cumberland Farms Dean Foods Dell Deutsche Bank Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Fannie Mae Ford Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel International Steel JPMorgan Chase KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kmart (part of Sears) Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lockheed Martin Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Oracle Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E PricewaterhouseCoopers Prudential Financial Quark RadioShack Replacements Ltd. SABMiller SC Johnson Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southwest Airlines UBS Unilever Walmart Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Xerox
Author: Intl. Business Leaders Forum & World Business Council for Sustainable Development
[refers to AMEC, American Express, BASF, BP, Balfour Beatty, Body Shop, Cargill, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu, Deutsche Bank, Ericsson, Ernst & Young, Gap, Hewlett-Packard, IKEA, McKinsey, Nike, Procter & Gamble, Rio Tinto, SC Johnson, Shell,...
- Related stories: New guide profiles development organisations involved in private sector partnerships
- Related companies: AMEC American Express Balfour Beatty BASF Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) BP Cargill Delhaize Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Ericsson Ernst & Young Gap HP (Hewlett-Packard) IKEA McKinsey Nike Procter & Gamble Rio Tinto RWE SC Johnson Shell Starbucks Tata Group Thames Water (part of RWE) Timberland
Author: Josephine Chennell, World Business Council for Sustainable Development news
Addressing a packed audience of 800 people at the Eradicating Poverty through Profit conference in San Francisco on December 12, Ms. Fiorina [Hewlett-Packard CEO] said sustainable livelihoods business "will enhance competitiveness, and spur growth in...
[PDF] full report: "Partnering for Success - Business Perspectives on Multistakeholder Partnerships"
Author: World Economic Forum Global Corporate Citizenship Initiative (in Co-operation with International Business Leaders Forum & Center for Business & Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University)
[refers to ABN Amro, ING, Fortis, Rabobank, UBS, Transnet, Rio Tinto, Accenture, Diageo, Lafarge, DHL (part of part of Deutsche Post), Coca-Cola, Siemens, Carlson, ABB, Abbott Laboratories, Anglo American, Anglovaal Mining, Aramex International,...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum survey: 9 out of 10 CEOs say partnerships between business, government, civil society needed to address development challenges
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro Accenture African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American Aramex Ayala Carlson Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EDF Fortis Infosys ING Lafarge Merck MTR Phillips-Van Heusen PricewaterhouseCoopers Rabobank Renault Rio Tinto RWE SC Johnson Siemens Statoil Thames Water (part of RWE) Timberland UBS