Headquarters in USA
Author: Human Rights Campaign
[Rates companies on policies and practices toward gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees, consumer & public policy issues....
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Alltel Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Express Apple AT&T Avaya Bausch & Lomb Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Borders BP Capital One Cargill Cendant (now Avis Budget) Charles Schwab Chevron ChoicePoint Chubb Group Cisco Systems Citigroup CMP Media (part of United Business Media) Corning Credit Suisse Cummins DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Dell Deutsche Bank Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Edison International Emerson Electric Entergy Ernst & Young Estée Lauder ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Federated Department Stores (now Macy's) Ford Freescale Semiconductor Gap General Dynamics General Mills GlaxoSmithKline Goldman Sachs HP (Hewlett-Packard) Hyatt IBM Intel Intuit Jenner & Block Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KeySpan Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants KPMG Kraft Foods Lehman Brothers Levi Strauss Lexmark Lincoln National Lucent Technologies (now Alcatel-Lucent) MBNA (part of Bank of America) Meijer Mellon Financial (part of BNY Mellon) Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Morrison & Foerster Motorola National Gypsum Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Times Nike Nissan Nordstrom Northern Trust Olivia Companies Owens Corning PepsiCo Perot Systems Pfizer PG&E Prudential Financial RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Rite Aid Rockwell Collins SABMiller Safeway (USA) SBC Communications (now AT&T) SC Johnson Sears Shaw Industries (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Sprint Nextel Sun Microsystems SunTrust Banks Tech Data Toyota UBS Unisys United Business Media US Airways Viacom Volvo Car (part of Ford) Walgreen Washington Mutual Wells Fargo Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Worldspan Wyndham Xerox
[PDF] full report: "Business for Development - Business solutions in support of the Millennium Development Goals"
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development
[includes case studies on Unilever, Procter & Gamble, Holcim, GrupoNueva, EDF, Philips, Vodafone, SC Johnson, Rio Tinto, BP, Eskom, Rabobank, ConocoPhillips]
Author: United Nations Global Compact
[in "News & Events" section of Global Compact site] More than 50 representatives assembled in the day-long meeting to discuss the role of the business community in delivering the UN Millennium Development Goals...Tetra Pak and Standard Chartered,...
SC Johnson And RTI International Launches Malaria Prevention In South Africa - Partnership with Business, International NGO, Local Government and Research Institute Aimed at Raising Awareness About Reducing Malaria Risk
Author: S.C. Johnson & Son
Through a collaborative effort between South Africa’s National Department of Health (NDOH), the Medical Research Council, RTI International and SC Johnson, this program builds awareness through education on total malaria control...
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
The benchmark, released by the Rose Foundation today, addresses the scientific uncertainty of product toxicity through risk assessment and opportunity identification instead of inaction. [refers to General Electric, Avon, Baxter, Cardinal, JC Penney,...
Author: Alison Maitland, Financial Times
As the World Economic Forum calls for action from all sides to tackle poverty, disease and the lack of education, some answers to the world's challenges are already emerging from boardrooms around the globe. One trend is for companies to begin working...
[PDF] full report: "Partnering for Success - Business Perspectives on Multistakeholder Partnerships"
Author: World Economic Forum Global Corporate Citizenship Initiative (in Co-operation with International Business Leaders Forum & Center for Business & Government, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University)
[refers to ABN Amro, ING, Fortis, Rabobank, UBS, Transnet, Rio Tinto, Accenture, Diageo, Lafarge, DHL (part of part of Deutsche Post), Coca-Cola, Siemens, Carlson, ABB, Abbott Laboratories, Anglo American, Anglovaal Mining, Aramex International,...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum survey: 9 out of 10 CEOs say partnerships between business, government, civil society needed to address development challenges
- Related companies: ABB Abbott Laboratories ABN Amro Accenture African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American Aramex Ayala Carlson Coca-Cola Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Bank Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EDF Fortis Infosys ING Lafarge Merck MTR Phillips-Van Heusen PricewaterhouseCoopers Rabobank Renault Rio Tinto RWE SC Johnson Siemens Statoil Thames Water (part of RWE) Timberland UBS
[PDF] Protecting Public Health, Increasing Profits And Promoting Innovation By Benchmarking Corporate Governance of Chemicals in Products
Author: Richard A. Liroff, World Wildlife Fund
[Case studies on Samsung, Fujitsu, Sony, SC Johnson, Nike, Marks & Spencer, Boots, Gerber Products (part of Novartis), Chiquita. Also refers to Apple, Avon, Baxter, Compaq (part of Hewlett-Packard [HP]), Hewlett-Packard (HP), IBM, Abbott...
- Related stories: New benchmarks for addressing product toxicity, even in areas of scientific uncertainty
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Apple Avon B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Baxter International Body Shop (part of L'Oréal) Boots (now Alliance Boots) Bristol-Myers Squibb Cardinal Chevron Chiquita Compaq (part of HP) Dow Chemical DuPont Eastman Kodak Fujitsu General Electric Georgia-Pacific (part of Koch Industries) Great Lakes Chemical HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM IKEA J.C. Penney Kimberly-Clark Kingfisher Marks & Spencer Nike Novartis Samsung SC Johnson Sony Supervalu Tyco Weyerhaeuser