The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 50 results. You are on page 1 of 5.
Access Now asks for at least one improvement from 24 internet, mobile & telco companies, based on 2019 Corporate Accountability Index
In October 2019, Access Now wrote to the leaders of 24 internet, mobile and telecommunications companies asking for at least one timely and achievable improvement, a recommendation based on what Access Now sees as the most acute issues facing at-risk ...
Singapore: 'Fake News' law grants temporary exemptions so tech companies can implement compliance measures
Author: Prinyaka Boghani, S&P Global
"Google, Facebook given breathing room as Singapore enacts 'fake news' law," 03 October 2019...
Hong Kong protestor site accused Baidu and Qihoo of cyber attacks; cybersecurity expert said attacks initiated by Chinese websites were unlikely
Author: Jane Li, Quartz
“A Hong Kong protester site says cyber attacks against it piggy-backed off China’s Baidu”, 2 September 2019...
- Related stories: Hong Kong: Business actions and statements over controversial extradition bill
- Related companies: Baidu GitHub Telegram Messenger Twitter
…The Cyberspace Administration of China (CAC) said as of November 30 it will require assessment reports from any internet platform that could be used to "socially mobilise" or lead to "major changes in public opinion". As part of the assessments, which...
Author: Alex Hern, Guardian (UK)
…The Partnership on Artificial Intelligence to Benefit People and Society…was formed in 2016 by Google, Facebook, Amazon, IBM and Microsoft to act as an umbrella organisation for the five companies to conduct research, recommend best practices and...
Access Now urges action by 22 internet, mobile & telco cos., based on 2018 Corporate Accountability Index
Author: Access Now
In September 2018, Access Now wrote to the heads of 22 internet, mobile and telecommunications companies, outlining specific steps they can take to improve their disclosures about the policy and practices they use to safeguard digital rights. The le...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yandex
« Pour revenir en Chine, Google prépare un moteur de recherche conforme à la censure », 1 août 2018...
China: New phone with retractable camera reveals automatic activation of camera feature in certain applications raising concerns about monitoring
Author: Oiwan Lam, Global Voices (Netherlands)
"Chinese mobile phone cameras are not-so-secretly recording users’ activities", 9 Jul 2018...
2017 Corporate Accountability Index evaluates 22 companies on their commitments to freedom of expression & privacy
Author: Ranking Digital Rights
"Ranking Digital Rights Corporate Accountability Index", 23 Mar 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Alphabet América Movil Apple AT&T Axiata Baidu Bharti Airtel Etisalat Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Kakao Corp Mail.ru Microsoft MTN Ooredoo Orange Samsung Telefónica Tencent Twitter Vodafone Yahoo! (part of Verizon)