The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 11 results. You are on page 1 of 2.
Author: John Mulligan, Independent (Ireland)
CRH has sold its 25pc stake in Israel’s only cement firm, Mashav, ending a focus of huge controversy for the Irish group. CRH has been targeted by pro-Palestinian activists at its AGMs who pressed for the global building materials firm to sell the...
Irish Palestine campaigners protest outside CRH's AGM over alleged complicity in the Israeli occupation
Author: Palestine News Network
"Irish Palestine campaigners to stage protest outside tomorrow's CRH annual general meeting", 07 May 2015...
Author: Shane Darcy, (Irish Centre for Human Rights), Business & Human Rights in Ireland
The United Nations Human Rights Council has adopted a resolution calling on States to warn companies of the risks arising from doing business in the Israeli settlements in Palestine. The unlawfulness of these settlements has long been recognised.....
- Related stories: UN Human Rights Council resolution calls on govts. & companies to terminate business with Israeli settlements in Palestine, implement UN Guiding Principles on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Cement Roadstone Holdings (see CRH)
Response by CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings): Dealings by companies in repressive countries raise concerns about business and human rights.
- Related stories: Dealings by Irish companies in repressive countries raise concerns about business and human rights, says Dr Shane Darcy
- This is a response from the following companies: CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings)
Author: Dr Shane Darcy, Irish Centre for Human Rights, National University of Ireland Galway
Software sold in Syria by…Cellusys and AdaptiveMobile has been reported as being used by the Syrian government to censor text messages by protestors challenging President Assad’s rule…This is not the first instance of involvement by Irish companies in...
Author: Elisabeth Rosenthal, International Herald Tribune
In booming economies from Asia to Eastern Europe, cement is the glue of progress... But making cement creates pollution, in the form of carbon dioxide emissions, and the greenest of technologies can reduce that by only 20 percent...[and] cement has no...
Author: Jennifer H. Cunningham, Herald News [New Jersey, USA]
A Totowa asphalt company has been fined $60,000 by the [New Jersey] state Department of Environmental Protection for spilling undetermined gallons of diesel fuel into the Passaic River...DEP officials also charged that Tilcon New York Inc. of West...
Author: Cement Sustainability Initiative
[Chapter headings:] Climate protection and CO2 management, Responsible use of fuels and materials, Employee health and safety, Emissions monitoring and reporting, Local impacts on land and communities [participants: Ash Grove Cement, Cemex, Cimpor,...
- Related stories: Cement Sustainability Initiative assesses progress made on its Agenda for Action after three years, including on carbon emissions and occupational health & safety
- Related companies: Ash Grove Cement Cemex Cimpor CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Gujarat Ambuja Cements HeidelbergCement Holcim Italcementi Lafarge Secil - Companhia Geral de Cal e Cimento Shree Cement Siam Cement Titan Cement Uniland Votorantim
Author: Berne Declaration
Candidates for the awards are WEF [World Economic Forum] corporate members and other companies who have excelled in socially and environmentally irresponsible behaviour. Award Category Human Rights: Bayer; Bechtel; Boehringer Ingelheim; Cement...
- Related companies: Bayer Bechtel Boards & More Boehringer Ingelheim BP CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) Danzer Dow Chemical ED&F Man Global Sports Lanka - GSL (part of GST) GST (Global Sports Technologies) KPMG MIBRAG - Mitteldeutsche Braunkohlenwerke (joint venture Washington Group & NRG Energy) Monsanto Nestlé New World Development NRG Energy RD Corporation Shell Stallion Garments Sun Hung Kai Properties Syngenta Tchibo Total TVI (Toronto Ventures Incorporated) Pacific Unocal (part of Chevron) Vodafone Volcafe (part of ED&F Man) Walmart Washington Group
Author: World Business Council for Sustainable Development - Cement Sustainability Initiative
This compilation study on good safety practices is offered as a “tool-kit”, where each Company can decide what is most appropriate to implement in terms of its own corporate...strategy...[refers to Taiheiyo, Cemex, RMC, Lafarge, CRH, Holcim, Cimpor]