Your search returned 18 results. You are on page 1 of 2.
USA: Ex-employee's lawsuit against China Merchants Bank alleges racial discrimination in its lending practices
Author: Chris Dolmetsch, Bloomberg (USA)
"China Merchants Bank Faces Suit Over Racial Discrimination", 8 May 2018...
Sri Lanka: Chinese-funded Hambantota port project suspended after domestic opposition over land rights concerns
Author: Shihar Aneez, Reuters
"China 'Silk Road' project in Sri Lanka delayed as Beijing toughens stance", 17 Feb 2017...
- Related stories: Sri Lanka: Major protests against new Chinese port and special economic zone
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Merchants
...Earlier today, as the ceremonial first brick of what has now been dubbed the Southern Industrial Zone was laid in Hambantota, the place erupted in violet protests which left more than ten people hospitalized and many others incarcerated......
This is part of our effort to track the human rights policies of companies in Myanmar’s special economic zones, under our Myanmar Foreign Investment Tracking Project....
- Related companies: China International Trust and Investment (CITIC)
Report: "Going out, but going green?" Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas
Author: Friends of Earth & BankTrack
This study presents seven case studies of Chinese bank financing for overseas investments: China Development Bank’s financing of the Stanari coal project in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Golden Veroleum palm oil plantation in Liberia and APP in...
- Related stories: "Going Out, But Going Green? Assessing the Implementation of China's Green Credit Guidelines overseas"
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese Investment Overseas
- Related companies: Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Bank of China China Construction Bank China Development Bank China Merchants Bank China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Railway Construction Dongfang Electric Petroecuador Sinar Mas Group Sinohydro Sinopec Tongling Nonferrous Metals
Author: Poland Li, CSR Asia
In China, SRI [socially responsible investment] is still in an embryonic stage, but with the rapid development of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), and the positive experience of overseas markets, SRI is gradually increasing in China too. Time...
Response by China Merchants Bank: NGOs' report rates banks on environmental responsibility in lending.
- Related in-depth areas: Environmental record of Chinese banks & company responses - August 2011
- This is a response from the following companies: China Merchants Bank
Author: Stephen Marks, Co-ordinator of the Fahamu China in Africa project, Pambazuka News [UK]
Is China smartening up its environmental and social act in Africa? It certainly wants to be seen as doing just that. One telling example was the recent Chinese government-sponsored ‘top Chinese enterprises in Africa’ competition, won by China Road and...
Author: Oxfam Hong Kong
[refers to Aluminium Corp of China, Bank of China, Bank of China (Hong Kong), Bank of Communications, Bank of East Asia, Cathay Pacific, Cheung Kong Holdings, China Construction Bank, China Life Insurance, China Merchants, China Mobile, China Overseas...
- Related stories: Oxfam corporate social responsibility survey of Hong Kong firms - HSBC, China Light Power, China Mobile top ranking
- Related companies: Bank of China Cathay Pacific Cheung Kong China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Merchants China Mobile China Resources Enterprises China Unicom CITIC Pacific CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Cosco Esprit Foxconn (part of Hon Hai) Hang Seng Bank Henderson Land Hon Hai HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Li & Fung MTR New World Development PetroChina Shenhua Group Sinopec Sun Hung Kai Properties Swire Group Tencent Wharf Holdings