The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 22 results. You are on page 1 of 3.
Author: 45 defendant companies in apartheid reparations lawsuit
[Petition filed by the defendant companies in the South African apartheid reparations lawsuit asking the US Supreme Court to hear their appeal of a lower court's ruling allowing the lawsuit to proceed. Defendant companies are: 3M, Anglo American, BP,...
- Related stories: Apartheid reparations lawsuits (re So. Africa) Companies sued in US for apartheid reparations appeal adverse ruling to US Supreme Court
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: 3M Allianz Anglo American Bank of America Barclays BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Caltex Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Commerzbank Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Daimler DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Deutsche Bank Dow Chemical Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) DuPont ExxonMobil Fluor Ford Fujitsu General Electric General Motors Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Honeywell HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Isuzu JPMorgan Chase NatWest (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) Nestlé Novartis Rheinmetall Rio Tinto Royal Bank of Scotland Schindler Shell Standard Chartered Total UBS Unisys Volkswagen Xerox
Author: David Wighton, Financial Times
Dresdner Kleinwort [part of Allianz] has settled a US lawsuit brought by six female employees who were seeking $1.4bn (£709m) for what they claimed was a "pervasive pattern and practice" of sexual discrimination. The case was "resolved without...
Author: Bill Baue, SocialFunds.com
With any controversial idea, there comes a point when a critical mass accepts the notion as self-evident and simply abandons the attempt to convince skeptics because their objections fade into irrelevance. The United Nations is ushering the financial...
Author: Emad Mekay, IPS
...more than 40 international financial institutions have committed to financing only those projects that comply with the Equator Principles (EP), a set of voluntary environmental and social standards that seek to uphold the rights of people displaced...
- Related stories: Revised Equator Principles announced
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Barclays Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Crédit Lyonnais (part of Crédit Agricole) Credit Suisse Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) HSBC JPMorgan Chase Metsä Fibre Oy (formerly Metsä-Botnia) Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Standard Chartered
Author: Women's Environment & Development Organization
Challenging corporate malfeasance against women around the world... [sections on adidas-Salomon, Alcoa, American Apparel, AngloGold Ashanti, Bayer, Bechtel, Biwater, Cargill, Chevron, Citigroup, Coca-Cola, Dole, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein (part of...
- Related companies: adidas Alcoa Allianz American Apparel AngloGold Ashanti Bayer Bechtel Biwater Cargill Chevron Citigroup Coca-Cola Dole Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) ExxonMobil Gap McDonald's Monsanto (part of Bayer) Nestlé Newmont Goldcorp Nike Rio Tinto RWE Shell Suez Talisman (part of Repsol) Thames Water (part of RWE) Walmart Walt Disney
Author: Jane Merriman, Reuters
A former HSBC banker was not sacked because he was gay, but he did receive less favorable treatment because of his sexual orientation, a UK employment tribunal said in a ruling under new UK anti-gay discrimination laws. [also refers to discrimination...
Author: Liz Chong, Times [UK]
Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein [part of Allianz] hit back yesterday at six women who are suing the German bank for $1.4 billion (£791 million) for alleged sex discrimination, accusing them of courting publicity and seeking to smear the firm’s...
Author: BankTrack, WWF
The report, Shaping the Future of Sustainable Finance: Moving the Banking Sector from Promises to Performance, ranked the financing policies of 39 international banks across 13 issue areas, from climate change to human rights...Of the 39 banks surveyed...
- Related stories: BankTrack & WWF review social & environmental policies of 39 banks - only 8 have public human rights policies: ABN AMRO, Barclays, HBOS, ING, Rabobank, Société Général, Standard Chartered, Westpac
- Related companies: ABN Amro Allianz Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Bank of America Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (part of Mitsubishi UFJ) BBVA BNDES BNP Paribas Calyon (part of Crédit Agricole) Citigroup Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse Deutsche Bank Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz) HBOS (part of Lloyds) HSBC HVB Itaú Unibanco KBC Manulife Financial Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Rabobank Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Scotiabank Shell Société Générale Standard Chartered Sumitomo Group UBS Wells Fargo West LB Westpac
Author: Tom Hutchison, Daily Mail [UK]
Claire Bright...claims she was suspended...by bosses at HBOS...'without reason' after she complained about her manager's behaviour. She alleges that the man at the centre of the row, Cliff Pattenden, 'disrespected, demeaned, overruled, micromanaged and...
Author: Liz Chong, Times [UK]
Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein [part of Allianz] last night insisted it would resist a $1.4 billion (£800 million) lawsuit from six female bankers who have lodged documents in a New York court alleging sex discrimination.
- Related stories: USA: Six women at Dresdner file $1.4 billion discrimination lawsuit
- Related companies: Allianz Dresdner Bank (part of Allianz)