The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 67 results. You are on page 1 of 7.
Author: Roli Srivastava, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Tourist visa scam traps Indian migrants in abusive jobs in UAE," 15 Jan 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE
Challenges to corporate accountability in the Gulf: Tracking labour abuse in a climate of near impunity
Author: 18/12/19 - Isobel Archer, Project Assistant, Migrant Workers in Qatar & the UAE, BHRRC
For International Migrants Day 2019, Isobel Archer looks at the complex company structures and lack of transparency that contribute to rampant human rights abuses against migrant workers in the Gulf
Zambia’s founding leader protests mining project in park...
Author: The Observer (Uganda)
"How human trafficking gangs work in Uganda; one victim narrates her ordeal"...
- Related in-depth areas: Human trafficking
Author: 21/10/19 - Adam Barnett, Communications Officer, BHRRC
Press release: New BHRRC snapshot finds migrant workers on UAE construction sites still face exploitation and abuse.
China continues to expand portfolio of green finance and clean energy projects in MENA, according to research
Author: Ossman Elnaggar, The Diplomat
“China’s Growing “Green” Engagement in MENA”, 19 Sep 2019...
- Related stories: China continues to expand portfolio of green finance and clean energy projects in MENA, according to research
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: ACWA Power Agricultural Bank of China Bank of China China Construction Bank Dongfang Electric General Electric Harbin Electric (formerly Harbin Power Equipment) Shanghai Electric
In June 2019, P&O Ferries was accused of labour abuses and wages so low it amounted to "slave labour". UK Member of Parliament Karl Turner claimed in the House of Commons that some foreign staff on board P&O vessels received a wage of as littl...
Author: Alex Grove, Hull Daily
"P&O Ferries blasted by Pride of Hull staff in open letter over 'poor working conditions and pay", 9 July 2019 ...
- Related stories: UK: P&O Ferries staff allege low wages & poor working conditions; Incl. co comments
- Related companies: P&O (part of Dubai World)
UAE: Tech firms to sell facial recognition technology in Gulf despite potential damage to privacy rights
Author: Megha Rajagopalan, Buzzfeed News
"Facial Recognition Technology is Facing a Huge Backlash in the US but some of the World's Biggest Tech Companies Are Trying to Sell it in the Gulf", 29 May 2019...
We need a global standard on corporate abuse in supply chains - this week's OECD forum in Paris could be the start
Author: 23/4/19 - Sophia Pickles, Campaign Leader and supply chain investigator at Global Witness
It’s high time companies took responsibility for their human rights and environmental impacts, writes Sophie Pickles.