The following companies also match your search keywords:
4 contracts match your search keywordsshow
Your search returned 20 results. You are on page 1 of 2.
Church Commissioners for England and leading institutional funds welcome Glencore’s climate change commitments
Author: Church Commissioners for England
The Church Commissioners for England and a leading coalition of investors participating in Climate Action 100+ today welcomed a position statement issued by Glencore significantly strengthening its commitment to combat climate change...Speaking as the...
- Related stories: Glencore commits to limit coal production & focus on minerals for low-carbon energy transition following investor pressure
- Related companies: Investec
Global Witness report alleges EU investors help bankroll human rights & environmental abuses; incl. co responses
On 6 September 2018, Global Witness published a new briefing paper on the role that EU-based investors have played in supporting projects linked to human rights abuses, land grabs and large-scale environmental destruction. The report argues that while...
Busines & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Investec to respond to the allegations raised by War on Want. Investec did not respond.
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- This is a non response from the following companies: Investec
In July 2017, War on Want (WoW) published a report claiming that UK-based banks and investment companies are complicit in Israeli war crimes against Palestinians. The financial institutions cited in the report have allegedly invested in defence...
South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental, human rights impacts, says new report
Southern Africa Resource Watch, in announcing its report, South African Banks Footprint in SADC Mining Projects, said:...
Author: Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa & Southern Africa Resource Watch (South Africa)
[originally published Feb. 2017]...
Author: Investec (South Africa)
Some of the deals mentioned in this report are more than 10 years old. We believe that the commitment as a banking sector to adhering to ESG principles in general has been greatly improved over the past decade. Furthermore, there is a sector...
- Related stories: South African banks fund mining projects in southern Africa that raise issues over social, environmental human rights impacts, says new report
- This is a response from the following companies: Investec
Africa: Academic urges economic justice actors to fight both illegal and licit financial flows, adopt more nuanced approach
Author: Patrick Bond, University of Kwazulu Natal in Pambazuka News (Africa)
'Retreat of foreign investment from Africa means less looting', 2 Sep 2015:…[A] Zimbabwe NGO conference…was dedicated to fighting illegal capital flight from across the African continent…[Will] the region’s…economic-justice NGOs take the next step and...
- Related companies: Anglo American Barclays BHP Billiton British American Tobacco De Beers Dimension Data FirstRand Group Investec Liberty Life Lonmin Mondi (part of Anglo American) MTN Naspers Group Nedbank Old Mutual SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Sasol Standard Bank Vale Vedanta Resources Vodacom
ICMM - International Council on Mining and Metals : ICMM hosts investor panel at African Mining Indaba
Author: Intl. Council on Mining & Metals
ICMM held its first investor panel Sustainability and Investors: a critical relationship at African Mining Indaba 2013...[The] panel...[discussed] the increasing relevance of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in the investment...