Your search returned 211 results. You are on page 1 of 22.
Bangladesh: Brands commit to new garment factory safety scheme Nirapon following winding down of Alliance
Author: Hannah Abdulla, Just Style
"Alliance brands back new Bangladesh factory scheme", 25 March 2019...
Ukraine, Serbia & Hungary: Report by Clean Clothes Campaign details poverty wages & poor working conditions in garment factories producing for global brands; incl. co responses
The report "Europe's Sweatshops" published by Clean Clothes Campaign documents poverty wages and poor working conditions in the garment and shoe industry throughout Eastern and South-Eastern Europe. The report is presented together with new country...
- This is a non response from the following companies: Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney)
Demand the supply: ranking consumer electronics and jewelry retail companies on their efforts to develop conflict-free minerals supply chains from Congo
Author: Annie Callaway, The Enough Project
The Enough Project’s 2017 conflict minerals company rankings examine 20 of the largest companies...in two of the industries which consume the most tin, tungsten, tantalum, and gold [often referred to as conflicts minerals or 3TG]: consumer electronics...
- Related stories: Ranking corporate action on conflict minerals sourcing in Dem. Rep of Congo, new report by Enough Project
- Related companies: Alphabet Apple Costco Helzberg Diamonds (part of Berkshire Hathaway) HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.C. Penney Macy's Microsoft Neiman Marcus Panasonic Samsung Sears Signet Sony Target Tiffany Toshiba Walmart
Business human rights responsibility for refugees & migrant workers: Turning policies into practice in the Middle East
Author: Samentha Goethals, Joseph Bardwell, Mariam Bhacker, & Bahaa Ezzelarab, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre in Business & Human Rights Journal
...Our focus in this piece is to consider how companies have been implementing their human rights responsibility to address the risks and challenges faced by refugees and migrant workers in the Middle East, a region that is currently experiencing...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2017)
- Related in-depth areas: Construction firms & migrant workers in Qatar and UAE Syrian refugees: Abuse & exploitation in Turkish garment factories
- Related companies: Al Balagh Trading & Contracting Al Jaber Group Arcadia Group ASOS Associated British Foods BAM International (part of Royal BAM) Burberry C&A Esprit FIFA Gap Gerry Weber H&M HBK Contracting Company Inditex J&P Avax SA J.C. Penney Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) KiK Larsen & Toubro LC Waikiki Lidl Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Mexx (part of RNF Holding) Midmac Mothercare New Look New Yorker Next OHL Otto Porr Primark (part of Associated British Foods) River Island (part of Lewis Trust) Royal BAM s.Oliver Sainsbury's SuperGroup Tchibo Tesco VF Corp Walmart White Stuff
Author: Michelle Russell & Ben Wright, just-style (UK)
“Rana Plaza four years on – Timelines of change”, 21 Apr 2017...
- Related stories: 4 years on from Rana Plaza building collapse in Bangladesh - some progress but a lot still to be done
- Related companies: adidas Associated British Foods Auchan Benetton C&A Esprit Gap H&M Inditex KiK Levi Strauss Marks & Spencer Matalan Nike Otto Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tesco VF Corp Walmart
…Doce trabajadores deben ser sentenciados hoy, y podrían recibir hasta tres años de prisión. Los trabajadores fueron detenidos en junio de 2016 por la policía antidisturbios durante una protesta pacífica frente a la fábrica SAE-A Tecnotex en una zona...
…The twelve workers are awaiting sentencing, and could receive up to three years in prison. The workers were arrested in June 2016 when riot police stormed a peaceful protest outside the SAE-A Tecnotex factory in a free trade zone in Tipitapa, Managua...
- Related stories: Nicaragua: Workers of textile company Tecnotex on trial after protesting for improved working conditions
- Related companies: Target Tecnotex Walmart