The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 585 results. You are on page 1 of 59.
Africa: New gold refineries raise concerns of 'race to the bottom' on conflict minerals, safety and environmental practices
Author: David Lewis and Peter Hobson, Reuters
"Race to refine: the bid to clean up Africa's gold rush", 15 January 2020....
Author: Natalie Whiting, ABC
"Bougainville voted yes to becoming the world's newest nation. Now begins the gold rush", 14 December 2019...
Emmanuel Peni is the coordinator of Project Sepik (PS), the organisation of people fighting to stop the mining project called 'Frieda River Project' by the Australia-based and Chinese government owned company PanAust. The ‘Frieda River Project’ submitted an application for a mining license - the mine is planned to be developed in the Frieda river area. The mine's tailings will be dammed and dumped into the Sepik River.
Papua New Guinea: As Bougainville independence referendum looms; miners jostle for licences & fears of new conflict grow
Author: Sarah Danckert and Ben Bohane, The Sydney Morning Herald
"This derelict mine caused a bloody war. Now Aussie companies are fighting over it again", 15 November 2019...
Author: New Gold
...Minera San Xavier S.A. de C.V. garantiza que la salud de ninguno de sus trabajadores se ha visto afectada por las actividades realizadas durante el transcurso de sus diferentes etapas de operación. Asimismo, reitera su compromiso con la protección...
- Related stories: México: Diputado acusa a minera San Xavier de división social y múltiples daños al ambiente y a la salud de la población; la empresa responde
- This is a response from the following companies: Minera San Xavier (part of New Gold) New Gold
"When Will Bristow Address the Human Rights Issues at Tanzanian Gold Mine?"...
- Related stories: Barrick Gold's subsidiary sued in the UK for human rights abuses allegedly committed in Tanzania, including complicity in use of excessive force by govt. agents
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Barrick Gold
Papua New Guinea: Landowner group calls on government to reject renewal of licence for Canadian mining company, Barrick
Author: Radio New Zealand
“Porgera landowners call on PNG govt to reject Barrick”, 4 November 2019....
- Related stories: Papua New Guinea: Reports of violence at Barrick-operated Porgera mine
- Related in-depth areas: Latest News on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Barrick (Niugini) Limited
Tanzania: Mining trading centres yet to guarantee higher returns for small-scale miners; perpetuate predatory practices by the rich
Author: Helen Reid, Barbara Lewis & Emmanuel Herman (Reuters)
"Gold rush? Not for us say Tanzania's small-scale miners"...