The following companies also match your search keywords:
1 contracts match your search keywordsshow
Your search returned 2103 results. You are on page 1 of 211.
Not quite ‘beating your head against a brick wall’: the Supreme Court’s decision in Vedanta v. Lungowe
Author: Nadia Bernaz, Rights as usual
On 10 April 2019, the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom delivered its highly-anticipated decision in the case of Vedanta v. Lungowe (Lungowe v. Vedanta in the lower courts). The Supreme Court unanimously decided the case should proceed in English...
- Related stories: UK Supreme court rules Zambians can sue Vedanta in English courts Vedanta Resources lawsuit (re Dongria Kondh in Orissa) Zambian farmers can take Vedanta to court over water pollution. What are the legal implications? Show moreShow less
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Bharat Aluminium (part of Vedanta Resources) Konkola Copper Mines (joint venture Vedanta Resources, Zambia Copper Investments & ZCCM Investments)
KnowTheChain: 2019 cross-sector report highlights progress and gaps in the fight against forced labour
"Three Sectors, Three Years Later: Progress and Gaps in the Fight Against Forced Labour"...
Author: Daniel Abia, Independent (Nigeria)
“Shell To Face Litigation Over Fresh Spill In Ogoni” ...
Indigenous people risk losing water in lithium extraction for essential transition to low-carbon economy
Author: Eniko Horvath, Senior Researcher & Amanda Romero, South America Senior Researcher & Representative, BHRRC
Lithium is key for electric vehicle batteries and renewable energy storage. But how can we ensure its extraction not only contributes to our much-needed transition to a low-carbon economy but also respects access to water and rights of indigenous peoples?
Peru: Fuerabamba communities reach agreement with Govt over negative impacts of Chinese mining project Las Bambas
Author: Peru Support Group
“Deal announced over Las Bambas” 08 April, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news on natural resources
- Related companies: China Minmetals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals)
A widespread crackdown in Bangladesh has seen over 12,000 garment workers dismissed from factories following protests in December 2018 and January 2019 over minimum wage changes. The workers were dismissed despite assurances from the government and Ba...
Zimbabwe: NGO urges govt. to take concrete steps to operationalise decision to join the Extractives Industries Transparency Initiative
Author: Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA)
“Zimbabwe’s move to adopt the extractives industries transparency initiative commendable” 3 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources
Author: Gabriel Friedman, Financial Post
Minister of International Trade Diversification Jim Carr named Sheri Meyerhoffer, a Calgary lawyer with ties to the energy industry, to act as the country’s first Ombudsperson for Responsible Enterprise... Carr said lawyers still need to study whether...
We have established that NEXT is engaged with all the factories you have advised, except Metro Garments....
- This is a response from the following companies: Next
"Shell quits major US oil lobby over climate change", 2 April 2019...
- Related companies: Shell